Gaming Bypassing updates on original game disc?

Kiljaeden

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
With the imminent release of Super Smash Bros Brawl in PAL countries and the current release of 3.3 firmware, it will most likely be, that 3.3 firmware will be included with SSBB.
My question, is there anyway to bypass the update on the original disc, on a non modded console, so that we can keep 3.2 firmware in tact and still play SSBB?

sl33pwalk3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Use the Freeloader twice (after a blur-moving-screen finished, eject the freeloader and put it back again), it will bypass the update....

Use it while you can.... after FW3.3.... freeloader 's useless.....

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
uhh try the gecko RF but i think it will hang after now loading unless you updated with the dual layer thing

HybridEntity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't preordered Brawl because I thought this was going to happen. I've already got the dual layer disc update so hopefully I can brickblock a PAL Brawl and play that.
The Freeloader should work with an actual copy of the game so you should try that when its released. For me, if nothing works I'll just keep playing NTSC-U Brawl.

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I doubt SSBB PAL includes the 3.3 update, anyway, so this is probably a non-issue.

But yeah, both Freeloader and Gecko Region Free should bypass the update.

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The only way to do it is to turn off at ~15% completion. You have to hope that it installs the dual-layer part, but doesn't install the rest of the update.

Unless they have updated the update method.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?