Bypassing set password in windows

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by moozxy, Dec 14, 2007.

Dec 14, 2007
  1. moozxy
    OP

Member moozxy hamboning

United Kingdom
    I just re-installed windows on one of my computers in the house last night. I set a password for the admin account then when everything was done I shutdown and went to bed. Now, comes the problem.. I cannot remember how I spelled and arranged the two words I set as the password (stupid, I know..) I've tried every combination I can think of and it won't work [​IMG]
    So, before I go to install windows again and set an easy password aswell as writing it down, is there a way to bypass entering the password?

2. WeaponXxX

Member WeaponXxX Too F'in Blonde

United States
    Get your hands on ERD Commander as it is a bootable CD that gets you into windows and allows you to change any passwords.

... actually in 98 there was a much easier way in safe mode...what OS are you using?

3. rhyguy

Member rhyguy GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    go to safe mode with command prompt, and type "NET USER (insert username here) (insert NEW password here)" without the " marks

i took that off some other site, not sureif it'll work

4. moozxy
    OP

Member moozxy hamboning

United Kingdom
    Ah sorry, forgot to add, installing windows XP.

5. shootme

Newcomer shootme Advanced Member

Norway
    could try safe mode, should be a acount with the name administrator that has no password set. log on to that and delte the password on your user.