Bypass UE4 crash - Octopath Traveler, with low-end specs?

benone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello!

I found it very confusing to find answers online yet.
It might be very naive, but still I decided to ask here.

Is there really a way to bypass a UE4 Fatal Error crash with the game Octopath Traveler on PC with these low-end specs:

Intel Core i5-2430M @ 2.40 ghz
Intel HD Graphics Family graphic card
4gb RAM
It's a 2011 Gateway laptop on Windows 7.

Everything seems updated and I reinstalled Unreal 4.
I'm pretty sure you'll say that it is impossible. Oh well.

Attachments

• Graphic card.png
    Graphic card.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 146

benone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
-EDIT- 2023-05-13

If someone falls into this topic, no I could not make the game run with a computer with these low specs.

I finally used another laptop that was given to me. It was of Windows 8 and I formated it and used a strange Windows 10 OS and I could play the game. The laptop was more recent and I guess the video card as well. I managed to make the game run, so I applied all the low graphic options. It helped a lot also to play in a Window instead of a full screen.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yeah 2011 specs are probably way to low for Octopath Traveller sadly. But good that you got a new one :)

benone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the reply!
Yeah, strangely Octopath Traveler needs a relatively good computer. It was last year, and I finished the game after a lot of hours, missing a lot of side-quests too
and I was discouraged to retry the serie of battles to get maybe another ending..!
, but not missing the main characters endings.

For those who would love to play with a low-specs computer, I could not find better options that to find a better computer, which are easier to find today. Sometimes, people tend to give away easily their 'broken and-or too old computers' .

Off-topic: A simple format can save a lot of these machines. Hurray to reusing older devices and make them work again for many years! I managed to save many computers using Linux Mint Mate version. (20.3 was my favorite so far). There a so many options in Linux branches as well. But it's off-topic now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat