Hacking Bypass System Updates and Still Access Wii U Mode!

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum here, but have been up and up in the console hacking scene since the early days of the PS2! I discovered the other night, when I fired up my Wii U, there is a brand new update out, and seeing as I have HBC on the vWii I didn't want to update. By the looks of the prompt to update, there is no way out of it. There is only one option available "Ok" to approve the update. I found a workaround for this, and you can still access Wii U mode and play your games, anduse (some) of the online features of the Wii U without updating :). My Wii U is still on 4.0.3U and NOT the latest 4.1.0U that came out on Tuesday. Check out the vlog post about it I made here: http://catsandcampers.wix.com/teams...de/c1a0w/4064A716-A00E-4C71-ABCB-58B5E9909B4E

Reactions: Margen67

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super cool find man!

So at least 4.0.3 and probably the newest 4.1.0 still have this vulnerability. If this news makes it to Nintendo they will probably do something about it.. heh.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

TeamScriptKiddies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'd still rather be on an earlier Update, and keep it that way, because once some other exploits for Wii U Mode come out, I'll be all set when the patching hits :) ;). Call me paranoid, but I'd rather be safe then sorry ;).

TeamScriptKiddies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super cool find man!

So at least 4.0.3 and probably the newest 4.1.0 still have this vulnerability. If this news makes it to Nintendo they will probably do something about it.. heh.

Thanks man! If anyone else is willing to try this who's already on 4.1.0 once the next update rolls out, that would be awesome! It will be quite a while before Ninty rolls out another update I presume....unless this bug gets a lot of attention quickly! lol

loco365

Trophies
XP
Thanks man! If anyone else is willing to try this who's already on 4.1.0 once the next update rolls out, that would be awesome! It will be quite a while before Ninty rolls out another update I presume....unless this bug gets a lot of attention quickly! lol

I have Automatic Software Downloads disabled on my system. I turned it on this morning and wasn't forced to update, not even a message or anything, although I was well aware of an update for the system. That's basically the only way to prevent this from happening in the first place.

Reactions: Fpsrussia117

TeamScriptKiddies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Automatic Software Downloads disabled on my system. I turned it on this morning and wasn't forced to update, not even a message or anything, although I was well aware of an update for the system. That's basically the only way to prevent this from happening in the first place.

I also have that disabled on my Wii U, interesting... What region is your console?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

But can you access the shop?

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

TeamScriptKiddies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But can you access the shop?

I know that I can't. But content that I've already purchased from the e-shop still launches no problem and I can access the Miiverse without any issues :). I haven't tested much of anything else, but I was able to connect to the Ubisoft servers for playing Assassin's Creed 3 online, but didn't actually try to start a game, because they wanted me to register for Uplay and I was feeling lazy :P.

Well I'm heading out to enjoy some of this beautiful weather we're having today in the Northeast! If anyone else wants to do some more testing, have at it! Otherwise it will be up to me later on :P.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that I can't. But content that I've already purchased from the e-shop still launches no problem and I can access the Miiverse without any issues :). I haven't tested much of anything else, but I was able to connect to the Ubisoft servers for playing Assassin's Creed 3 online, but didn't actually try to start a game, because they wanted me to register for Uplay and I was feeling lazy :P.

Funnily enough, I have done this before; I entered vWii and went to Wii U mode but nothing was prompted. I wondered why that worked lol.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course not, but at least I didn't get the persistent update notification.

I bought mine here in Canada, so it'd be a NTSC-U console.

Though I believe there's nothing detrimental in the most recent update, as stated by JoostinOnline, and he posted a link to the actual internal changes, vWii is unaffected :D

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couple of Q's

Do you have to enter the vWii every time you turn the WiiU on or is it a one time thing? (I assume every time, but just wanted to make sure)

Also, can anyone confirm if Netflix works with this or not?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a