tomrev

OP
Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
One of metal plate that attach to a 3V button battery is tear,so, I soldered the plate to the circuit board but the lead is accidentally pop out that I couldn't re-solder to the board again. Anyone know how to bypass solder at another place to attach battery to circuit.

tomrev

OP
Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
try to scrap off enough of the PCB coating to use as a contact surface. or trace the path of the connection point to the nearest solder point.
Thank you for your advice. I tried to soldered to right leg of R8 but have no luck which may be mistake. I thought that there is some kind of junction to back of PCB.

tomrev

OP
Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
From this problem, I think ezflash 3in1 isn't good solution for playing GBA in the long run because of changing S-RAM battery is risk by fragile battery metal plates. I believe manufacture do not wish anyone to change the battery.

Could anyone suggest the GBA flashcard that have no problem like this card?

tomrev

OP
Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
You burned the adhesive layer between the copper and the PCB by over exsposing the surface contact with the soldering iron. That is an inexperienced user error use of the soldering iron, not a manufacturing issue.

I admit that it is my error but the point is fragile metal plate / not the soldering issue. Why you blame me that is my inexperienced error?

To avoid the risk of changing battery like ezflash 3-in-1, I need another GBA flashcard that have robust or no need to change the sram battery.

tomrev

OP
Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
All gba flashcarts come with batteries, except a few supercard ones that use flash.

Or you can get something like this, where it has a battery tray:
http://www.ic2005.com/shop/home.php?cat=4

It is mostly for people with your type of complaint, it never really caught on.
Thanks for your link, Mr. Perfect.
smile.gif
but it looks like random crap cards to me.

I think I need to describe more detail. The problem is the physical weakness of metal pieces in ezflash 3-in-1 that I couldn't avoid. The metal plate is very thin that when it is bend, it will receive some degree of damage. I successfully change the battery at first time. For the second time, I torn the electrical tape that tied around the metal plate and battery but untied the tape cause too much bend to the metal plate. I couldn't avoid the bending every times, so, I thought that I couldn't avoid this problem if I need to change the battery.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Do be aware that those gba flashcarts in that link of the old school variety. Uses drivers and requires XP SP2 or under.

The drivers and software for use might be a problem to find, the XG-Flash website no longer exists.

Ripping the contact layer from the PCB is a drawback for those that use the tape method.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9p0iK877W4