Hacking Bye DSTT

overslept

WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's time for me to officially retire my DSTT. It was a long run, but ultimately it failed to compete with it's successors. I ordered my AK2i today from GameKool, and I can't wait for it to arrive. No more patching crap, going through foreign sites with tons of "Chingrish", and no more waiting for a firmware update. Who else is doing the same?

D

Deleted User

I wish I could but my friend who bought me my DSTT is currently in the hospital so I'd feel really bad by just getting rid of it....

=(

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Arwing789 said:
Well, it's time for me to officially retire my DSTT. It was a long run, but ultimately it failed to compete with it's successors. I ordered my AK2i today from GameKool, and I can't wait for it to arrive. No more patching crap, going through foreign sites with tons of "Chingrish", and no more waiting for a firmware update. Who else is doing the same?

i did that for more than 1 year ago
but i still love my DSTT
planning to get a DSTTi for the sake of liking it

EDIT: i remember those days they were pretty cool! always being the first to release fix!
i even bet with my friend they will be the first! soon after that they stop updating their firmware
frown.gif

Wanderer509

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i dont see why this warrants a new thread, but i also got an acekard. no point in staying in a boat that is about to sink.

however, i did appreciate what ashley and others contributed to the community, but as the saying goes, no party is unending.

House Spider

In the GBAtemp attic.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net
XP
Country
Yeah, the Acekard is simpler, use the latest akAIO as the Official Team aren't as active. Put your game on and it will most likely play. If not update your loaders, through the DS or PC and if you're on the latest loaders wait a few days for new ones.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Retiring very soon for me too, my Acekard is making it's way home from DX...last cart ever from them.

overslept

WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When it first came out, it was great. 100% compatibility, auto-dldi, cheap, and came with a lot of bonuses. But now, after all the clones have been shipped and the official team has stopped putting out updates, it's just not as good for new games. It still plays all your old DS classics (Nintendogs, Mario 64, Mario Kart, Ace Attorney) but if you are planning on playing any future games, it's time to let it go.

BTW I think GBATemp should edit their DSTT review so that new buyers won't be misled. Add like a little blurb at the bottom saying "EDIT: This DSTT team has given up on this card. There will be no official updates anymore. There will be the occasional unofficial firmware however. But for the same price, you can get a better card that is updated frequently by both the unofficial and the official team. So therefore I change my review score to a X"

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Arwing789 said:
R.I.P
closedeyes.gif
mellow.gif

Gunmaster51

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I started off with DSTT, then recently in my ignorance I bought an R4 clone called R4 Ultra because it looked modern and I though it would play the new games. You guys can guess what happened next. Yeah I regret not researching more. Just bought an acekard 2i now and its pretty awesome.

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Why you buy an acekard 2i?!
You risk exactly the same problem soon, like with the DSTT = no upgrade anymore...

Ice Cold

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bitonio6 said:
You risk exactly the same problem soon, like with the DSTT = no upgrade anymore...

Well, that's the story of all flash carts is it not? Acekard 2i at least still creates updates.

Sh!fT_23

Trophies
XP
Country
bitonio6 said:
Not so, AKAIO is one of the most frequently updated of all the firmware for flash carts.
And RC1.6 of it let us play HGSS without the AP probs that other ppl having.

I definitely did this some time back, bought a couple of DSTT's when I first got into flash carts and they served me very well at the time but I have been fortunate to be able to try a few without spending a significant amount of cash. However for the most part I have been incredibly happy with my AceKard 2 and it's the only card I recommend now. Great price, fantastic firmware (both in it's original and AKAIO firmwares) I am glad I did make the switch, and I don't see myself using anything else anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: