Bye Bye DS Phat.. :'(

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by Extreme Coder, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Extreme Coder
    OP

Extreme Coder GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 25, 2005
    Egypt
    Cairo, Egypt
    I was switching my DS Phat cases (I had a silver DS Phat from launch day) and I bought a black DS case to switch with, and I followed a guide on the internet I found.
    After (not-completely) switching DS cases, guess what? The DS is not working anymore :'(

(This was like 6 months ago)

After some time, I sent it to OSG (old school gamer, a web repair shop) for fixing it(that was actually a few days ago)
    Yesterday, he told me that it can not be fixed since it was damaged too badly.. (or it would've costed far too much to fix it)
    I will now have to get a new DS Lite..

I'm not sad because I lost a DS Phat, it's not a money issue, since I could easily buy one later.

I'm just sad/angry because the DS Phat was one of the last gifts I got from my father before he died.. :'(

R.I.P. Dad. (and I love you)

PS. Sorry about this, I just got so mad, and needed to vent off.. If a mod wants to delete this, feel free to do so.

2. pasc

pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Sep 9, 2006
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    Keep the DS for the memories and buy a new one ? I would do the same I guess.

3. Extreme Coder
    OP

Extreme Coder GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 25, 2005
    Egypt
    Cairo, Egypt
    The DS Phat is there at OSG :/

4. pasc

pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Sep 9, 2006
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    They can't ship it back cause they dumped it already.... aww that sucks badly...