XP
Country
ec5.jpg

ec6.jpg

ec8.jpg

ec9.jpg

ec10.jpg

ec11.jpg

Unfortunately the scans don't do justice to some of the pencil work or the colours. A couple I have laminated to protect and they didn't scan too well and dullened some of the colour right out.

What is really irritating is the way she can just pick up a pencil and a piece of paper and draw from her imagination. I don't have that much imagination and certainly not the skills!!!

For the questions from the previous thread she has been drawing since she was about 4 and is 18 now and about to study art at College. Most of this work was when she was 14/15 years old.

Dad just likes to show off her work
smile.gif

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Oh wow, thanks for uploading more of her work. It's hard to pick my favourite out of those ones, they're all good in their own way.
smile.gif

Your daughter is very creative, good to hear she's expanding on that by going to college.

grentuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If she does a picture start to finish them an hour to a couple of hours depending on the complexity (shading, level of detail etc)

But some pictures take months as she will start it, put it away and then return to it weeks later only to shelve it again.

With regard to the Final fantasy series, it is her favourite subject.

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
certainly looks like a concept art!
14! thats really skilled art!
did she take any form of classes? or just draw?
does she only do pencil?
man i wish i could draw like that
frown.gif

grentuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No classes, othe than regular art at school, which she didn't enjoy as she prefers to work on manga. She did GCSE and AS Level and passed but wants to be a character designer for a software house. Yes you have guessed it she would love to work for Square Enix.

Hopefully the next couple of years with more formal training in her particular skill areas (BA in Games animation, character design) she will be able to fulfil the dream.

She does pencil, pen, colour, charcoal, watercolour and oils. I love the pen work. She just takes a pen and draws and for me that is the real skill. Pen is totally unforgiving as you can't erase.

Her other love is Video editing on the PC. She has made some brilliant videos combining characters from different anime.

Smash Br0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, those are excellent. I especially like the more realistic ones...

She drew these when she was only 14 or 15?! Jeez... >_> I'd like to see some of her more recent work.

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
These are great! Buy your daughter a really nice wacom pen tablet as congratulations and motivation!

I like the NarutoBee, it really connects and speaks to me
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."