Buying used PSP Go, thinking of replacing the housing case

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by octopus, Nov 15, 2013.

1. octopus
    OP

octopus Member New

Sep 6, 2013
    Somalia
    I’m really sorry if this is a totally noob question but I have zero experience wish PSP. Nowadays it’s really easy to buy used PSP Go for a funny sum of money ($60) but the console will be an extensively used one.
    Did anyone had an experience of replacing the housing case? I mean there are manuals on the net, I’m only interested in the replacement case you bought. The ones available on the internet seem to be cheap chinese ones, but should I really care? E.g. they don’t have PSP mark on the back panel. I’m also concerned of the quality of the buttons (stick too). Example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Full-...Repair-Parts-Buttons-for-PSP-Go-/400339210842
    So, if anyone bought a replacement housing and it was good, could you recommend me a particular one?

I’m also curious if there are any good replacement batteries?

A recommendation for a grip would be extremely useful too, I think this one will be good: http://www.tinydeal.com/ru/joypad-handle-backup-batteries-with-cable-for-psp-go-p-1962.html

Also, if it’s a used one, should I be good by just formating it? I mean will I be able to create my own PSN Id and all?
    Last question, if it’s already on 6.35 PRO something firmware, could I update it to 6.60 PRO C2 without trouble?
    OK, bought one, managed to update CFW.

Thank you, sorry for these questions that are probably answered 1000 times already. I wish there was some global FAQ, but I was not successful in finding one.

2. cdoty

cdoty GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Yes, updating custom firmware is pretty easy to do. There is also another option, HEN firmware. It's a temporary firmware that reverts back to official firmware on a power cycle. When a new version comes out, you just replace the older version.