buying (used) nintendo 64

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by bay0man, Oct 31, 2006.

Oct 31, 2006

buying (used) nintendo 64 by bay0man at 7:35 AM (676 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. bay0man
    OP

Banned bay0man Banned

Finland
    hello guyss. i am buyingh old classic nintendo console n64 from ym friend. he asks for 45 euroes wich is as much as in dolars. so do you think its too much? i dont know if its in "mint" condition you know. mine n64 was finally destroyed when i was 8 year old. i was playing turok and i didnt have memory card so once my mom stepped into cables and it turned off so i went outside and started to throw rocks to n64 which wasnt reall that smart and it died [​IMG]( well iwas bit aggresive kid anway [​IMG]

edit: aim not going to kill this n64 dnt be worry!

2. samred

Member samred GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If this N64 comes with games, extra controllers and/or memory card, that's probably a decent deal; otherwise, talk him down, as the N64 still hasn't risen in price for its "nostalgia factor" yet. Buying separate games that are hard to track down will jack up your price, as I learned last year when I looked for games like Smash Bros and Goldeneye for an N64 in my attic, so try and save $ on the console itself.

3. bay0man
    OP

Banned bay0man Banned

Finland
    memory card he said.. maybe extra controller but no games... so is it worth?

4. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    You should count at least 25-30 euros for the console. No more. Then, consider if the extras are worth the extra 15 bucks or so.

Don't forget that most PCs today can run N64 emulation flawlessly, and that a anything-controller-to-USB adapter costs around ten bucks/euros, so if you already own a N64 controller, I'd recommend pass, unless you want to hoook it to your TV. (Also, get ready to face now-outdated graphics and controls. Once I played MKDS, I couldn't go back to 64, for example)