Hardware Buying new 3ds XL

pepoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im buying one next week just want to make sure about the problems right off the bat since the store here let's me check everything before i buy it.

I heard about 3 constant problems.

1. Dead pixels? How do i search for these? and what does it look like? haha sorry im a noob
2. loose hinges? like how loose should it be to be defective?
3. something about the circle pad?

can anyone clarify? thanks!

TheCasketMan

Keyblade Apprentice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only drawback of the XL that I know of is a stretched image of games(but the 3d effect is more immersive) and lower quality speakers. Everything can get dead pixels, it depends on the environment like temperature. Nintendo made the hinges of the OG and XL 3ds loose on purpose, so that they didn't snap open like the ds lite. The circle pad feels the same to me.

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Im buying one next week just want to make sure about the problems right off the bat since the store here let's me check everything before i buy it.

1. Dead pixels? How do i search for these? and what does it look like? haha sorry im a noob

1. Look for pixels that do not have the right colour. You should be able to see them even in the system menu. I did not have any dead pixels when I bought my XL, as did my roommate when he bought his OG 3DS. It seems Nintendo has a very low dead pixel rate on these things now. But the seller should exchange it without any problems if you have them on a fresh one.
2. I don't know, the 3DS hinges seem to be designed to be pretty loose in the "open" position, but not nearly loose enough that the system can close without a push (at least on my XL). If yours seem to be too loose for you talk to the seller, he should know how loose they are supposed to be.
3. Some people did have circle pads that were too stiff or did not work properly. It should not too loose and not too tight, and reset properly to the center. You should notice if it is wrong.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP

I have two 3DS XL's and i don't relate to any of your points.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Eu4hiUW.jpg