Hardware Buying New 3DS and transferring purchases and NNID

hsdubb19

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3DS that I am running Gateway on with 9.2

I want to buy a N3DS now to future proof myself and also when it has a low firmware so I can run Gateway on it.

I purchased Alpha Sapphire Digitally but I am willing to lose access to that game.
I also have Pokemon Bank in which I have a living pokedex that I do not want to lose.

So if I purchase a N3DS, what steps do I have to do to keep access to my Pokemon Bank.
If its not possible, I might just transfer all pokemon to my retail copy of Omega Ruby.

I also want to not update my Old 3DS or N3DS when I receive it.

Krupa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm in a similar situation. I have a 3DS that's on 9.5 that I'm planning on selling, but I want to transfer all my data to my New 3DS that's on 9.0. In other words compatible with GW. If I transfer, do I have to update my New 3DS to 9.5? I don't want to mess up my chances of using GW, so I feel like I should ask someone that knows more about data transfers than I do. My NNID was created on a Wii U if that makes any difference. Man, why do Nintendo have to make everything so difficult!

Edit: Nevermind. I just found out that both consoles must be on the latest FW.

Krupa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would love a new 3ds, but not willing to spend the money for just an analog nub and a better processor.

If 3D is important to you, I can highly recommend the New 3DS. If not, you might as well stay with the old one. I bought mine for the improved 3D and to be able to play Xenoblade when it gets released (just one more month!!).

Reactions: BRadGaming

BRadGaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If 3D is important to you, I can highly recommend the New 3DS. If not, you might as well stay with the old one. I bought mine for the improved 3D and to be able to play Xenoblade when it gets released (just one more month!!).

I heard the 3d is way better, idk if I would go crazy for it though. Xenoblade is awesome :) playing it on my softmod wii

ChrisMCNBVA

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am wanting to transfer my games and saves to the new nintendo 3dxl but I am confused on when to copy the files to my pc to put on the sd card of the new one, before or after the transfer. Any help is appreciated. I guess it doesn't matter either way but I would like to be sure. Transferring through the PC option is what I'm planning on doing

EDIT:
I did the transfer today through the pc option and i was able to copy the files to my harddrive then back to the microsdhc card, very easily...Don't like that i had to take the back off my new 3dsxl to put the micro in but, shouldn't have to change it anymore for quite a while. was done around 3 hours ago, about noon or 1 pm, it's 4:20 pm here now as I'm typing this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu