Gaming Buying NDS lite here in the Philippines..

mcr619619

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm planning to buy DS lite on April 9, I need Help, this is the package i'm going to buy..

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+cla...rds=nintendo+ds

so there, PHP 6,800=$158,
1 x Brand New DS Lite***
1 x Original R4DS (with 2011 Woods Edition firmware)
1 x 2GB Microsd
1 x Screen Protector
1 x Soft Pouch or Crystal Case

... do you think it's worth it? my other online friends says that Rocksoft is a trusted shop, Rocksoft or Datablitz, I don't know about Datablitz, if i'm going to buy in Datablitz, i need to buy separately a Flashcart and microSD for they don't sell items use for "YOU know," flashcart and others..

Rocksoft is far away from my home, 1 1/2-2 hours of transporting, while Datablitz could take less than an hour, so hi there Filipinos, i need help here...thanks...

Jugarina

Trophies
Website
youngevity.com
XP
Country
United States
Sounds to me like you are getting exactly what you are paying for in value although paying full price for a NDS lite now that It has been out for a long time now is something I would think about.

mcr619619

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zorua said:
Are you sure you don't want to get the 3DS? It'll be out by the 9th of April.

I can't afford 3DS,

QUOTE(ZeroDeception @ Mar 27 2011, 01:11 PM) Sounds to me like you are getting exactly what you are paying for in value although paying full price for a NDS lite now that It has been out for a long time now is something I would think about.

You got a point, but for me, this is what i wanted, my first plan is to buy a 2nd hand on December last year, about half of the Brand new price, but i think that it would be better if i buy a Brandnew in April, because there is so much school fees to paid..^^

Edit: I texted the shop, and they confirmed it is 6,800PHP...^^

zygie

Trophies
XP
Country
Rocksoft is fine, they ship fast within the metro area too. Data Blitz is your average high priced legit brick and mortar shop, which is the primary source of all things retail here. That package is good enough, I bought my DS unit alone for 5900, got a crystal case and screen guards for 350, separately bought an R4 for 450 (I had a 2gb SD already, but a good one would cost you another 400-500+) so you're good value-wise, especially in the Philippines.

You can get it shipped if you like, mine took 1 business day (sent an order Friday afternoon, paid for via bank deposit on the same evening, processed Monday, at my home by Tuesday 9am.) I'm sure it would've been faster if I ordered on a weekday morning, paid before they can't process/ship it, and get it the next day (as long as it's not a weekend.)

mcr619619

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
zygie said:
Rocksoft is fine, they ship fast within the metro area too. Data Blitz is your average high priced legit brick and mortar shop, which is the primary source of all things retail here. That package is good enough, I bought my DS unit alone for 5900, got a crystal case and screen guards for 350, separately bought an R4 for 450 (I had a 2gb SD already, but a good one would cost you another 400-500+) so you're good value-wise, especially in the Philippines.

You can get it shipped if you like, mine took 1 business day (sent an order Friday afternoon, paid for via bank deposit on the same evening, processed Monday, at my home by Tuesday 9am.) I'm sure it would've been faster if I ordered on a weekday morning, paid before they can't process/ship it, and get it the next day (as long as it's not a weekend.)

Thanks a lot man, i was relieved...because there is someone who want me to buy from Datablitz, he's a friend from a phil-forum., so where did bought your DS, and how much is the DS lite in Data Blitz, if the price is in 5,500 and below, i'll buy there, because it is sure that it is original, do you think Rocksoft sell fake DS? i'm just curious, the shop is just owned by a single person i think..i i texted him earlier, asked if the DSlite bundle price is 6,800PHP he just text "ok 6800 yun"(in English, "yes, it's 6800)..
biggrin.gif
..I don't think he's friendly though, maybe he's just Busy, you know, it's sunday..
biggrin.gif
...I can't really use the shipment thing, i don't have a bank account,
smile.gif
..and i'm in Laguna, would take 2 hours of travelling to Rocksoft's shop...hehe...

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mcr619619 said:
zygie said:

Thanks a lot man, i was relieved...because there is someone who want me to buy from Datablitz, he's a friend from a phil-forum., so where did bought your DS, and how much is the DS lite in Data Blitz, if the price is in 5,500 and below, i'll buy there, because it is sure that it is original, do you think Rocksoft sell fake DS? i'm just curious, the shop is just owned by a single person i think..i i texted him earlier, asked if the DSlite bundle price is 6,800PHP he just text "ok 6800 yun"(in English, "yes, it's 6800)..
biggrin.gif
..I don't think he's friendly though, maybe he's just Busy, you know, it's sunday..
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
..and i'm in Laguna, would take 2 hours of travelling to Rocksoft's shop...hehe...
Rocksoft doesn't sell fake DS's(there aren't anyway).

He's an ok guy,if there are problems,he'll help you/he replaces if broken.

mcr619619

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
lolzed said:
mcr619619 said:
zygie said:

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
Rocksoft doesn't sell fake DS's(there aren't anyway).

He's an ok guy,if there are problems,he'll help you/he replaces if broken.

Thanks,
biggrin.gif
..im just worried, ..i'd googled fake DS, and the results there are fake DS...
frown.gif
...i'm really glad that there are many filipinos here at GBAtemp..
bow.gif

habababa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd suggest you buy a 2nd hand DS.You can get it for less than half the price.
Have you searched tipidpc.com?
Used DS lite prices range from PHP 2500-5000.

You can set a meet-up at Ayala MRT station.That's less than 1 hour away from Laguna.Most sellers agree with meet-ups done at MRT stations.And test the unit before buying!

With PHP 6800,i'm sure you can get a 2nd hand DSi XL.Cheapest i found was PHP 4000 but DSiXL+charger only.
smile.gif

I got my DS lite last June for PHP 2000.With flashcart+4gb microsd + crystalcase + extra screen protectors + 2 retail games.
My spare money,pinang-inom namin
yay.gif

zygie

Trophies
XP
Country
mcr619619 said:
I can't really use the shipment thing, i don't have a bank account,
smile.gif
You just have to find an applicable bank and deposit there, you won't need an account, don't worry. I just went to a BPI near here and deposited my payment to his account.

I thought about 2nd hand DS's too but figured at how much fuss I make, I'd end up spending much refurbishing it, might as well get a new one.

mcr619619

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
habababa said:
I'd suggest you buy a 2nd hand DS.You can get it for less than half the price.
Have you searched tipidpc.com?
Used DS lite prices range from PHP 2500-5000.

You can set a meet-up at Ayala MRT station.That's less than 1 hour away from Laguna.Most sellers agree with meet-ups done at MRT stations.And test the unit before buying!

With PHP 6800,i'm sure you can get a 2nd hand DSi XL.Cheapest i found was PHP 4000 but DSiXL+charger only.
smile.gif

I got my DS lite last June for PHP 2000.With flashcart+4gb microsd + crystalcase + extra screen protectors + 2 retail games.
My spare money,pinang-inom namin
yay.gif

Yup, there a lot used DS lite in good condition 3500-5000..but Bnew is my choice, i dont want to spend 2000php+ after few months due to repairing...
smile.gif

zygie said:
QUOTE(mcr619619 @ Mar 27 2011, 05:47 PM) I can't really use the shipment thing, i don't have a bank account,
smile.gif
You just have to find an applicable bank and deposit there, you won't need an account, don't worry. I just went to a BPI near here and deposited my payment to his account.

I thought about 2nd hand DS's too but figured at how much fuss I make, I'd end up spending much refurbishing it, might as well get a new one.

but im going to a mall after i buy it... i also need a new Video Card for my PC.
happy.gif

you have a 2nd hand DSlite?

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
Trophies
XP
Country
India
hey that looks good .
if you are running out of budget then i suggest wait till 3-5 months then buy a 3ds.
I am also waiting for my 3ds.
and if you have less money for the dsi(if you are not buying a 3ds)then i suggest you to buy a second hand because i don't think the dsi games will last lon.

Don't waste your money on a brand new.

mcr619619

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
^Hehe...do you think it's a good deal?..thanks

I don't think it's a waste of money for a Bnew Dslite, I only finished 3 NDS games in my Emulator, because i felt that it was better off playing in it's own system, a DSlite, and brand new to ensure that it's lifespan will be longer (bec, i'll handle it with care)...i don't want to spend around $70 for a 2nd hand Dslite or $120 for a 2nd hand DSi, i'm not sure if there are hidden defects on it.. and I'll play a bunch of games, so Brand new is the best thing...
smile.gif

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
Trophies
XP
Country
India
mcr619619 said:

I don't think it's a waste of money for a Bnew Dslite, I only finished 3 NDS games in my Emulator, because i felt that it was better off playing in it's own system, a DSlite, and brand new to ensure that it's lifespan will be longer (bec, i'll handle it with care)...i don't want to spend around $70 for a 2nd hand Dslite or $120 for a 2nd hand DSi, i'm not sure if there are hidden defects on it.. and I'll play a bunch of games, so Brand new is the best thing...
smile.gif

But what will happen after some months.The production of dslite will be slowed down and can even be closed.

And about your deal its quite ok but if you get it from amazon (america)you can get it cheap but it will take some time.

Up to you dude

Best Luck

mcr619619

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chhotu uttam said:
mcr619619 said:

smile.gif

But what will happen after some months.The production of dslite will be slowed down and can even be closed.

And about your deal its quite ok but if you get it from amazon (america)you can get it cheap but it will take some time.

Up to you dude

Best Luck

i don't get your point in DSlite "production will be slowed down"... if you mean releasing games for NDS will be slow down, it obvious, 3ds is here, and Nintendo and Developers will focus in that system,.. as i Said, i'd only finished 3 games, DS library has like hundreds of games with hours of gameplay, I don't think that i'll finish all the games i wanted in a 2 years span..DSlite would make me Busy
yaynds.gif

about the deal, it's definitely ok, yeh, it would be cheaper if i'll buy from american based store...but it'll be a hassle for me..im sticking with my deal...thanks men
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: did you always have a ps4 you never updated