Buying mod chips in UK

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Spikyhercule, Nov 3, 2010.

Nov 3, 2010

Buying mod chips in UK by Spikyhercule at 11:23 AM (712 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Spikyhercule
    OP

Newcomer Spikyhercule Newbie

United Kingdom
    Can anyone reccomend a site that I can buy a DriveKey or Wassabi DX in the UK?
    I'm banner bricked with a bad wad on the first channel page and from what I've read which is loadssssssss I need a mod chip so I can load wad manager autoboot CD via the Gamecube controller method.

Thanks.

**Edit** Bought one now from, Ghost2fitter

2. MFDC12

Member MFDC12 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    that site you ordered from looks really fishy.

like this listing. correct me if i am wrong, but dont new black wii's have drives that can't read burned media? so wouldnt putting a modchip in be useless, and a waste of money?

3. Porobu

Member Porobu Gbatemps Shiny Latias

Spain
    if you have priiloader you can acces HBC and erase the wad

4. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    You can replace the wii drive, which is probably what they did when they installed the mod chip. Modchip + new drive = able to read backups. That said, I haven't heard of them so that's still something to be cautious about.

5. Spikyhercule
    OP

Newcomer Spikyhercule Newbie

United Kingdom
    That site is totally legit. My chip came quick 1st class recorded delivery. Search Google for ghost2fitter and a lot of people reccomend the site. Wii was un-bricked in 20mins with BootMiiDiisc v1