Buying Mario Kart 8 on May 29th?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by clark2k, May 22, 2014.

1. clark2k
    OP

clark2k GBAtemp Regular

Nov 1, 2003
    Brazil
    Vitoria/ES - Brazil
    Hi, this is probably a stupid question... :shy: But I've never been in USA near a release date of a game...

I'm going to be in USA (Orlando, FL) only until May. 29th, and as here in Brazil the price of games are often around 2x of the price paid in USA, I would like to know:

There is, by any chance, a way to get the game one day before?
    My flight back is at 17:00h...

2. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    Curfew is for the 30th so highly unlikely..

3. T Link7

T Link7 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2008
    Netherlands
    I'm no expert on the way things go in the U.S., but here in the Netherlands, quite a few stores break the release date and sell the game 1-3 days early. Is this the case in the U.S. aswell?

4. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    there is a way stay up past midnight than you can download it it from the eshop. we have to wait till 31st here to get it...

5. shattacrew

shattacrew Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2009
    United States
    Buy an eshop cards whilst in the states and set your console region etc to be in the US.

6. Diovos

Diovos Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2010
    Brazil
    São Paulo
    Wow, this is lame. I'm from Brazil too, I know how you feel. Like shattacrew said, you can change system country and buy it through the eShop. I did this with Super Mario 3D World, I bought it on the release date without leaving home :)
    A relative of mine is going to be in US next month, so this time I'll be able to get the physical copy, which I prefer over the Downloadable version, because, you know, Wii U's internal storage is really limited.

7. Slartibartfast42

Slartibartfast42 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 6, 2013
    United States
    Guy's, I'm thinking about buying both a digital and a physical copy to take advantage of sales and club Nintendo promotion. In that case I need to sell the physical copy. Would any of you be interested in buying my physical copy with the club Nintendo code removed, but otherwise in pristine condition, if I went through with this plan? I could mail it to South America or whatever. If maybe, PM me.

8. shattacrew

shattacrew Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2009
    United States
    I have participated in previous promotions for the 3DS and it doesn't matter if it's a digital or a physical copy, you will still get the free game. You can go ahead and buy the physical copy and mail it to me for this tip ;)