Hacking Buying a Zelda Majora's Mask N3DS LL (JAP), mistake or not mistake?

should I buy the jap Zelda 3DS LL? (I am living in Japan)

• Total voters

Stremon

OP
Trophies
Website
jbbongrand.blogspot.fr
XP
Country
France
I am seriously considering to do the reservation to get this beautiful Zelda new 3DS here in japan, but knowing that the firmware of this Zelda version will probably be at least 9.4, I wonder if there is a good chance that might ban me from using gateway on it forever (or at least until the "next update").

From what I heard here, they are working on new way to launch the loader, but is there any information about this method working on more recent firmwares?

Edit: added a poll to ask the nice people around here to help me choose :D

Edit2: 9.4 out of the box... now I am really struggling to know what to do. I guess I can resell it, since there is no seal inside, and I was very careful not to leave any dust or fingerprint while trying it, but... seeing I was the only one in my shop here waiting for it today, I wonder if it will really be easy to sell...

Stremon

OP
Trophies
Website
jbbongrand.blogspot.fr
XP
Country
France
If you opened it than its lost its value, so it will be a "somewhat" of a collectable.

I guess this part will be ok, since I don't think there is a seal on the box. And even if there is a seal, here in japan those kind of stuff don't lose its value as easily as in western country, that's quite the opposite :D
I am just wondering if it is really worth the wait, seeing the lack of news from gateway about the N3DS support.
For sure if they never release it this N3DS might just take the dust, since the regionthree loader doesn't work on the N3DS...

Dan-the-Rebirth

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i think gw is waiting for the n3ds to launch worldwide to add support.so than big N doesnt get a chance to block it prerelease( or with a day one update)

Stremon

OP
Trophies
Website
jbbongrand.blogspot.fr
XP
Country
France
i think gw is waiting for the n3ds to launch worldwide to add support.so than big N doesnt get a chance to block it prerelease( or with a day one update)

Sincerely I doubt it, because the launch stock of N3DS is probably outside the factory for some time now, I think there is a big delay between the time it is made, and the actual distribution.
Or else why would we have the brand new N3DS models still in 9.1 max out of the box here?
But who knows... since they don't communicate on the N3DS exploit...

Stremon

OP
Trophies
Website
jbbongrand.blogspot.fr
XP
Country
France
Just got my N3DS Zelda, very sadly it is 9.4...

Now the next good question is: should I bring it back to the shop right now, or wait for gateway to release a solution on the 9.4 firmware, and sell it on amazon if nothing comes out? (which might not really surprise me...)

chris_247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got my N3DS Zelda, very sadly it is 9.4...

Now the next good question is: should I bring it back to the shop right now, or wait for gateway to release a solution on the 9.4 firmware, and sell it on amazon if nothing comes out? (which might not really surprise me...)
You just crushed me with those news...I pre ordered the same 3ds from nippon yasan last week. A few days later I tried to cancel and they told me they dont accept cancelations and now I'm gona get a 9.4 console fuck...

Stremon

OP
Trophies
Website
jbbongrand.blogspot.fr
XP
Country
France
You just crushed me with those news...I pre ordered the same 3ds from nippon yasan last week. A few days later I tried to cancel and they told me they dont accept cancelations and now I'm gona get a 9.4 console fuck...

I know your feeling bro... Just hoping gateway will release something to save us soon, or that someone will make the regionthree work on N3DS...

oxenh

The most unknown member of GBAtemp
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
is a shame that your N3ds XL come with firmware 9.4.
If the handheld is very beloved for you, just buy a second had 3ds for gateway desires (i see many pretty cheap ones in ebay) and keep played legal with the N3ds XL.

Stremon

OP
Trophies
Website
jbbongrand.blogspot.fr
XP
Country
France
I don't understand why everyone has the same misconception that a 9.4 nn3ds is any less exploitable than a 9.0 console!

Because we still don't know if the new 3ds gateway exploit (if it is released one day...) max supported firmware will be 9.2 like the normal 3DS or 9.4...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.