Buying a Zelda Majora's Mask N3DS LL (JAP), mistake or not mistake?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Stremon, Jan 16, 2015.

?

should I buy the jap Zelda 3DS LL? (I am living in Japan)

1. yeah totally, this gorgeous 3DS is totally worth it, even if in 9.4 and maybe no gateway support!

48.9%
  2. nah, I should buy the normal new 3DS LL edition, and be able to use gateway instead.

19.1%
  3. don't buy anything, just stay with my normal 3DS XL, and wait and see...

40.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Stremon
    OP

Stremon GBAtemp Regular

Sep 30, 2014
    France
    Nerima, Tokyo
    I am seriously considering to do the reservation to get this beautiful Zelda new 3DS here in japan, but knowing that the firmware of this Zelda version will probably be at least 9.4, I wonder if there is a good chance that might ban me from using gateway on it forever (or at least until the "next update").

From what I heard here, they are working on new way to launch the loader, but is there any information about this method working on more recent firmwares?

Edit: added a poll to ask the nice people around here to help me choose :D

Edit2: 9.4 out of the box... now I am really struggling to know what to do. I guess I can resell it, since there is no seal inside, and I was very careful not to leave any dust or fingerprint while trying it, but... seeing I was the only one in my shop here waiting for it today, I wonder if it will really be easy to sell...

2. DragonSky

DragonSky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 27, 2010
    Belgium
    It is getting to work on new 3ds yes but not 9.4.
    If MH4 will get 9.2 I might get that as well.

3. Stremon
    OP

Stremon GBAtemp Regular

Sep 30, 2014
    France
    Nerima, Tokyo
    Thanks for those info. :)
    Do you think the Zelda N3DS will get only the 9.2 update preinstalled?

4. bache

bache GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 28, 2009

I reckon it will be on 9.2. Worse case, it'll be highly collectable and you could sell it and make a profit from it.

5. Stremon
    OP

Stremon GBAtemp Regular

Sep 30, 2014
    France
    Nerima, Tokyo
    Oh you are right, I didn't even though about the "highly collectable" aspect :)

6. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States

If you opened it than its lost its value, so it will be a "somewhat" of a collectable.

7. Stremon
    OP

Stremon GBAtemp Regular

Sep 30, 2014
    France
    Nerima, Tokyo
    I guess this part will be ok, since I don't think there is a seal on the box. And even if there is a seal, here in japan those kind of stuff don't lose its value as easily as in western country, that's quite the opposite :D
    I am just wondering if it is really worth the wait, seeing the lack of news from gateway about the N3DS support.
    For sure if they never release it this N3DS might just take the dust, since the regionthree loader doesn't work on the N3DS...

8. Dan-the-Rebirth

Dan-the-Rebirth GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2014
    Australia
    i think gw is waiting for the n3ds to launch worldwide to add support.so than big N doesnt get a chance to block it prerelease( or with a day one update)

9. Stremon
    OP

Stremon GBAtemp Regular

Sep 30, 2014
    France
    Nerima, Tokyo
    Sincerely I doubt it, because the launch stock of N3DS is probably outside the factory for some time now, I think there is a big delay between the time it is made, and the actual distribution.
    Or else why would we have the brand new N3DS models still in 9.1 max out of the box here?
    But who knows... since they don't communicate on the N3DS exploit...

10. Stremon
    OP

Stremon GBAtemp Regular

Sep 30, 2014
    France
    Nerima, Tokyo
    Just got my N3DS Zelda, very sadly it is 9.4...

Now the next good question is: should I bring it back to the shop right now, or wait for gateway to release a solution on the 9.4 firmware, and sell it on amazon if nothing comes out? (which might not really surprise me...)

11. chris_247

chris_247 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2014
    United States
    You just crushed me with those news...I pre ordered the same 3ds from nippon yasan last week. A few days later I tried to cancel and they told me they dont accept cancelations and now I'm gona get a 9.4 console fuck...

12. Stremon
    OP

Stremon GBAtemp Regular

Sep 30, 2014
    France
    Nerima, Tokyo
    I know your feeling bro... Just hoping gateway will release something to save us soon, or that someone will make the regionthree work on N3DS...

13. oxenh

oxenh The most unknown member of GBAtemp

Sep 1, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    is a shame that your N3ds XL come with firmware 9.4.
    If the handheld is very beloved for you, just buy a second had 3ds for gateway desires (i see many pretty cheap ones in ebay) and keep played legal with the N3ds XL.

14. Nugstar

Nugstar Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Just got mine here in Australia. 9.0E!

15. NeoPhythe

NeoPhythe Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2011
    United States
    just got an eu one, 9.0.0-20E

So thats good...right ?

16. iViperz

iViperz GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2015
    Yes, yes it is

NeoPhythe likes this.
  17. NeoPhythe

NeoPhythe Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2011
    United States
    Hmm as far as i know regionthree doesn't work for the new 3ds yet... For me that's quite a pity since i own alot of other region games :(

ah well, just a matter of time, i hope..

18. apoptygma

apoptygma GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 30, 2010
    I don't understand why everyone has the same misconception that a 9.4 nn3ds is any less exploitable than a 9.0 console!

Stremon likes this.
  19. Stremon
    OP

Stremon GBAtemp Regular

Sep 30, 2014
    France
    Nerima, Tokyo
    Because we still don't know if the new 3ds gateway exploit (if it is released one day...) max supported firmware will be 9.2 like the normal 3DS or 9.4...

20. andre104623

andre104623 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 9, 2014
    United States
    Philadelphia, PA
    JAPAN zelda MM3d comes with 9.4 the game it self