Buying a Xbox 360

mcjones92

Kingpin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am considering buying an xbox 360 because quite frankly I have lost hope in the wii and it's crappy games. The only thing I am worried about is when I buy it, I don't want a new updated xbox to come out. Is there any speculation going around saying that a new xbox is coming out? All my friends play on xbox live too so I wan one for that reason also. When should I expect an updated xbox to come out?

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Unlikely there'll be one for another while still. A new one hasn't been announced, so I think we can safely say there will be none this year.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This should be moved to General Console Discussions.

Anyway, you should be safe in regards to buying a current model. My brother has had his Xbox 360 since a bit after launch and he still uses it (he had to send it in for the Red Ring problem but he got it back in tip-top shape) and never saw a need to upgrade. Since you can get 360 elites for $300 and older models for $200-$250, I'd say it's a good investment. It has plenty of good games, too.

driverzx

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Of course MS is already busy making a new console. But Project Natal has yet to release, so I think the 360 will last at least 2 years.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well i remember that MS some time ago came about and said that there wont be any new releases, as in consoles, till 2015 (same applies to Sony).

It's a good 5 years of gaming, that's if it lasts long enough
tongue.gif

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
Maz7006 said:
Well i remember that MS some time ago came about and said that there wont be any new releases, as in consoles, till 2015 (same applies to Sony).

tongue.gif
5 years.. graphics wise lol

lakaiskateboarding

Trophies
XP
Country
Maz7006 said:

tongue.gif
If that is true, maybe the PC will then get some market share back. The Xbox 360 and PS3 can't handle the Crytek engine (not without modifications), so the PC should be long ahead of the two by 2015.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
driverzx said:
Of course MS is already busy making a new console. But Project Natal has yet to release, so I think the 360 will last at least 2 years.

Project Natal isn't a new console, it's an add-on, last time I checked. I thought it was some sort of camera that tracked your movements and scanned your items.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Guild McCommunist said:
driverzx said:

Project Natal isn't a new console, it's an add-on, last time I checked. I thought it was some sort of camera that tracked your movements and scanned your items.

Yup, it's a sort of add-on.
I would expect a new 360 in 2012 at the earliest.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
2015 is far too long for another console. I would say 2012 also. The PC architecture is already way ahead of the console counter part in terms of processing power and GPU tech. What with directx 11 being released, while the 360 is still on a modified version of directx 9.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse