Hardware Buying a Xbox 360 now. Is it worth the buy?

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tales of Vesperia, Infinite Undiscovery, and Lost Odyssey are all pretty good. There are some others such as Blue Dragon and Last Remnant which may or may not appeal to you as well. Some multiplatform titles are also cheaper on 360 if you don't already have the PS3 versions. I'd say overall it is probably worth it.

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean most cheap ones could possibly be a temporary red ring of death fix. I really want a RGH xbox 360. I will buy one eventually.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
How many would be cheap for you?

Me boyfriend bought a 512 MB Arcade model.
It's a Jasper board.
Gave him a 60 GB harddrive I had laying around and he's happy with it.
Only costed him 40 quid.

Just make sure you get one that's made in late 2008 or later if you want a Phatty.
Slims.. well, you can't really go wrong with it.

I mean most cheap ones could possibly be a temporary red ring of death fix. I really want a RGH xbox 360. I will buy one eventually.

If you're dumb enough to purchase a RROD prone machine then yeh, those are cheap.

mizorechan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
nope buy a nintendo instead like a 3ds or wii u

Ignore this guy. 3DS/Wii U lack of third party support and are shitty consoles for Shooter, Racing and Sports games for example.

It's worth to buy a 360, but a hacked one. Make sure to don't buy old models due the lack of reliability.

Tortitamal

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah its worth it. It stills has many good exclusive games (although many are getting backwards compatibility on Xbox One)
Just make sure to buy a slim one, the first old (like the arcade) and elite models have a very high failure rate.
You can also hack it if you don't care about online and want free games.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's horrible how ill informed people are.
Slims have the same RROD chances as Jasper phatties.
Heck, I'm running a Falcon RGH and it's still going strong.

The Xenons and Zephyrs (2005-early 2008 consoles) have a high chance of failing, after that, MS pretty much solved the overheating issue.
Most of the RRODs that happened is due to people not taking care of their console.
If you'd bang a Xbone/PS4 into a enclosed space it'll also overheat and likely die.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Go for it but be warned that even the Xbox 360 S model can RRoD out of nowhere, but if it's cheap, you can always get another one anyway.

nope buy a nintendo instead like a 3ds or wii u

Why even bother with the WiiU. The good games it has to offer are already on the 3DS or being ported to the Switch. It's really not a console a gamer or even Nintendo fan (unless really hardcore) would care to get now.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have finally bought a 360 slim (4gb model) but changed to 120gb.
I hope it lasts a long time

What MFR date is it?

How much longer will Live be supported for the 360?

No one can really say.
The 360 is still popular it seems.
I guess it'll be another 5 years before Live will be offline for it.
But seeing MS supports Live on 360 games on the One, I doubt it'll go offline.

Again, no one really knows.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think live for the 360 will be shut down. IIRC the only reason it was on the xbox was because it was holding back the 360 with things like friend limits etc, as they killed live on the original, then the 360 started getting more stuff. Now it's pretty much just all one, it's not even a live account anymore, but a "Microsoft" account and goes across to win10 store games as well for the 2 people who actually buy shit there.

Reactions: Ryccardo

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the 360 is completely worth buying. I bought one, RGH'ed myself and now I've got all guitar hero DLC on there. I managed to get a new guitar hero mertalica guitar as well which is great. Auora dashboard + cover theme is great. I have also changed the APU fan speed in dashlaunch so I will get more life out of the console. Currently have some games loaded on to it that you. Ant get in XBLA anymore too. Original Xbox emulator is set up and works great too. It is a hacked dev emulator with no security checks etc so mods on original Xbox games work perfect! 100% worth it!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn