Buying a Wii U today

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Fumigaor, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Fumigaor
    OP

Fumigaor Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2015
    United States
    Hey , been modding systems since original Xbox, have modded ps3 , 360 Wii ,

today Im buying a wii u , can get a 8GB for $140 or a 32gb for $180 , Im aiming at the cheaper and get a Flash drive..

but before I do is there any thing that I wont be able to do or be limited with the 8GB , in modding that is , does that affect NAND or are they seprat chips ect... thanks

2. Fumigaor
    OP

Fumigaor Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2015
    United States
    well going with the 8gb, hope its not a mistake , at my local gaming shop now ,

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

its on 5.3.2

3. _v3

_v3 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 12, 2013
    Croatia
    Yea get the 8gb, and plug a hard drive in. Even 32gb is nothing if you're planning on downloading some games from the eShop

4. Fumigaor
    OP

Fumigaor Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2015
    United States
    ok cool , got the 8gb , been reading for a week , used to have a wiiu with hacked vwii but had to sell due to my dying now passed Daughter being in the hospital , I read some one a few days ago saying nand is larger on 32gb edition , made no sense to me since nand and built in flash should be different

5. Fumigaor
    OP

Fumigaor Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2015
    United States
    Well got home and the 8GB wii u would not read games , took it back and he gave me a 32gb for the $140 I paid , bought some games also , so for just under $200 I got a 32gb wii u, and six games -- Nintendoland , Legend of Kay , Mario 3D world, Penguins , Wheel of Fortune, and Packman ghosly 1..

not to bad of a deal id say :)

and Legend updated me to 5.3.2 , right where I need to be

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

so yeah , thanks every one for the 97 views and one response lol -- friendly community id say

Last edited by Fumigaor, Oct 23, 2015
  6. _v3

_v3 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 12, 2013
    Croatia
    I'm glad if my response was partially helpful, happy hacking.

7. ringo1206

ringo1206 Banned

Banned
    Oct 14, 2015
    United States
    Sorry about your daughter man. I just lost my pet and my uncle, I know how you feel. Best of luck
    to you and your family.