Gaming Buying a Wii for my parents for Christmas

blizeH

OP
Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
I need to buy the whole thing, console, accessories, games and whatever else is needed.

I'm thinking: Wii, 1xWiimote, 1xNunchuck, 1xRGB Scart & some games

My mum loves things like ICO, Tomb Raider etc and loves Wii Sports. My dad likes football and racing games.

So, I'm basically wondering:

1) Any other accessories I need? Should I go for 4 Wiimotes? If so, will I need 4 nunchucks too?
2) Any games that you guys would recommend I get for them?

On a side note, are there any solder-free modchip solutions?
tongue.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An extra nunchuck and Wiimote will be needed for them to play two player games. Get them some points as well, then they can get some VC games.

Games? Zelda is the closest thing to Ico. Also the recent Tomb Raider is coming next month I think for Wii. Racing titles, the only decent one is the excellent Excite Truck. Not sure what else to suggest, theres some very good games despite what people say.

blizeH

OP
Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
Cool, cheers for that. My mum actually found Zelda: OoT really boring, so I'm not sure how she'll get on with Twilight Princess, but I'll throw it in for consideration anyway. Other games I'll probably get are Excite Truck, Table Tennis and Mercury. Can you buy VC points in physical form?

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Twilight Princess is no ICO (your mother has great taste
wink.gif
) but I guess it's the closest thing.. but if she didn't like oot.. I don't think she'd like TP

I pretty much second hadrian

Algot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Can you buy VC points in physical form?

Yes, you can buy Wii Point Cards in your local game store.

and as said before you shuld go for an extra Wiimote and Nunchuck so they can play games like WiiSports Together

and if they like old Snes/N64 games they will need an Classic Controler or a gamecube controler.
If they alredy have GameCube Controler that will work just fine.. but if else I'll go for the Classic Controller.. The only bad thing with the Classic Controler is that you can't play Gamecube Titles with it
frown.gif

blizeH

OP
Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
Many thanks again for that info, I actually have a spare Gamecube controller, so does that mean there's no reason whatsoever to buy a classic? Or are there some things that the Classic can do that the Gamecube can't?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.