Buying a Wii for my parents for Christmas

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by blizeH, Oct 29, 2007.

Oct 29, 2007
  1. blizeH
    OP

Member blizeH GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I need to buy the whole thing, console, accessories, games and whatever else is needed.

I'm thinking: Wii, 1xWiimote, 1xNunchuck, 1xRGB Scart & some games

My mum loves things like ICO, Tomb Raider etc and loves Wii Sports. My dad likes football and racing games.

So, I'm basically wondering:

1) Any other accessories I need? Should I go for 4 Wiimotes? If so, will I need 4 nunchucks too?
    2) Any games that you guys would recommend I get for them?

On a side note, are there any solder-free modchip solutions? [​IMG]

2. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    An extra nunchuck and Wiimote will be needed for them to play two player games. Get them some points as well, then they can get some VC games.

Games? Zelda is the closest thing to Ico. Also the recent Tomb Raider is coming next month I think for Wii. Racing titles, the only decent one is the excellent Excite Truck. Not sure what else to suggest, theres some very good games despite what people say.

3. blizeH
    OP

United Kingdom
    Cool, cheers for that. My mum actually found Zelda: OoT really boring, so I'm not sure how she'll get on with Twilight Princess, but I'll throw it in for consideration anyway. Other games I'll probably get are Excite Truck, Table Tennis and Mercury. Can you buy VC points in physical form?

4. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    Twilight Princess is no ICO (your mother has great taste [​IMG] ) but I guess it's the closest thing.. but if she didn't like oot.. I don't think she'd like TP

I pretty much second hadrian

5. blizeH
    OP

United Kingdom
    Cool, cheers! If by some fluke I can pickup Twilight Princess for around £20 I'll probably go for it.

6. Algot

Newcomer Algot Member

Sweden
    Yes, you can buy Wii Point Cards in your local game store.

and as said before you shuld go for an extra Wiimote and Nunchuck so they can play games like WiiSports Together

and if they like old Snes/N64 games they will need an Classic Controler or a gamecube controler.
    If they alredy have GameCube Controler that will work just fine.. but if else I'll go for the Classic Controller.. The only bad thing with the Classic Controler is that you can't play Gamecube Titles with it [​IMG]

7. blizeH
    OP

United Kingdom
    Many thanks again for that info, I actually have a spare Gamecube controller, so does that mean there's no reason whatsoever to buy a classic? Or are there some things that the Classic can do that the Gamecube can't?

8. Neko

Member Neko Been a while.

Germany
    The classic controller looks better , and also it is semi-wireless. (It's an addon for the wii mod , like the nunchuck. ) [​IMG]