Gaming Buying a Used Xbox 360

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
call him, and ask when he bought it .... maybe he's had it for some time so hence the low price.... wouldn't recommend it if it were from the 2007.

185$ with all that stuff... something isn't right here

MadClaw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maz7006 said:
call him, and ask when he bought it .... maybe he's had it for some time so hence the low price.... wouldn't recommend it if it were from the 2007.

hmm good idea, I'll do it tomorrow since it's kinda late here.....

I sent an email a while ago but no reply, calling is best eh?
biggrin.gif

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yeah of course it is ... but that price is insanely too low for all the stuff it comes with

i mean if he really wants to get rid of it, i would at least put a pricetag for 320 - 350 ish if i have all those games and cables and guitar with it

tKo HaXoR

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Try to get a October 2008 and beyond model. It its 2008 it should have very very low chance of system failure. Make sure all the usb slots on it work. Make sure it doesn't get hot fast. Low price. Something is fishy.

MadClaw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Says he'll let me hook it up and test it out before i purchase it, so i'll be sure to check all of that out, thanks guys
happy.gif

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it could be that he just wants it gone, fast, or simply doesn't know what a proper price point is. 300 dollars has a mental barrier around it.

i got a used, "broken" 360 for 40 bucks. it wasn't even fully red-ringed yet. i could have had a wireless controller for another 10 bucks, but i've got four already.

although one thing i would check is if it can get online. check the warranty sticker, as well.

MadClaw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well if it's banned online i wouldn't really care, cause i really dont want to pay for xbl and i never found an interest in playing online games.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmm it does sound kind of fishy but the games arent worth very much the guitar is like 40$ New it might be in your best interest to pay the extra 115$ for a brand new Elite theres a current bundle in the US thats Xbox 360 Elite 120GB + Halo 3 ODST & Forza Motorsport 3 for $299.99 though i'm unsure if its an online only bundle

MadClaw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
problem is i dont have $299 :< maybe i should get one used at Gamestop, the arcade version for cheap and buy the HDD seperate, its really all i need

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well i highly suggest if you buy used NOT to buy from gamecrazy due to the fact that they're closing down most of their shops because they cant keep up with gamestop so theres a chance you wont be able to use a warranty from them but if you must buy a used system from gamestop then its best you try out the system before you buy it and find out all the details about return policy/warranties beforehand because gamestop is known for screwing customers with used products and not allowing you to get a refund/replacement.

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
weak. you very well could have missed out on a fantastic deal.

obviously you have to be cautious, but it wouldn't have hurt to try.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.