Buying a used ds

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Mazor, Jun 15, 2008.

Jun 15, 2008

Buying a used ds by Mazor at 12:41 AM (1,037 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Mazor
    OP

Member Mazor Z80 master arch

Sweden
    I just found a guy selling a turqoise ds (I don't mind the color) for 400kr(roughly 70USD). It comes with battery, adapter and stylus but nothing else. I already played on it for 15 minutes, and tried Phantom Hourglass and Pokemon Diamond. Both seemed to work flawlessly.

What I would like is that someone told me all the things to check for before I decide wether to buy it or not. He said the reason he is selling is that he already has another one, which I also happened to notice. What also might be of interest is that I am at Dreamhack, the worlds biggest LAN and loads of people are selling stuff really cheap here.

Any help is much appreciated.

2. Gore

Member Gore GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Is he including the turquoise GBA plastic cap? That's a plus.
    Check the L, R, buttons, if the shell is on tight, the hinge, how DS games go in the slot1, major scratches..
    It's probably fine, though other members may have other spots to check..

3. Mazor
    OP

Sweden
    I'll be checking this, thank you.

4. gizmo_gal

Member gizmo_gal QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!

United States
    Just do a button check, the GBA game cap, and inspect the screens. Be sure that games fit in easily to both slots to be sure the case is original and snug and not a pretty case mod. It seems like a nice deal to me though.

5. Mazor
    OP

Sweden
    I will be doing this. It costs over 215 USD to buy a new DS here in Sweden, so yeah this is nice.

6. PizzaPasta

Member PizzaPasta Son of p1ngpong

United States
    Make sure that it doesn't have any hot or dead pixels. If you're buying it used it will coms sans warranty so Nintendo won't fix it for free.