shinkodachi

On permanent leave
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a 3DS XL and I need some help picking the right screen protector that I'm ordering from Hori. I have a Hori screen protector on my Wii U GamePad and it's absolutely fantastic. To me, their Wii U GamePad screen protector selection (http://hori.jp/products/WiiU.php#01) is straightforward:

1st is a "bubble-free" glossy variant, 2nd is a "bubble-free" fingerprint-resistant variant, 3rd is a regular screen protector, 4th is the "best quality" screen protector, which I have.

I'd like to order a screen protector first before buying the 3DS and I'm giving Hori another shot because I had a really good experience with their Wii U GamePad screen protector. So I'd rather just get it right from the start and not try many variants until I find something satisfactory (which was the case with the Wii U GamePad). The problem is, Hori has so many different screen protector variants for the 3DS and I just don't understand the differences. Google Translate is not helpful.

Here's their 3DS XL (LL) screen protector selection: http://hori.jp/products/3DSLL.php#01. From what I understand, from left to right (upper row first):

1st is a "bubble-free" screen protector, 2nd is the same but with easier installation (?), 3rd is a regular (?) screen protector, 4th is the "best quality" variant, 5th is a blue light cut filter protector, 6th is a "premium" variant.

What's the difference between the 1st and 2nd? And 4th and 6th? Also, is the 3rd a regular screen protector, because Google Translate lists it as a "beauty LCD" protector, whatever that means.

I'm probably going to buy the blue light cut filter protector, as it makes the most sense to me to use on a 3DS, but I'd like to know what each option really means to make a better decision.

I will be very grateful to the person who helps me out with this. Thanks!

Miqoto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I'm reading on the 1st one: no air bubble patent version & fingerprint reducing. 2nd one: easy applicator patented version.
4th: HQ haze & 99.7% reflection cutting technology(96.8% clarity). 5th is same as #1 +blue light cutting technology. 6th HQ(95.9% clarity), +same features as #1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.