Hacking Buying a RGH modded 360(need help)

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I'm fixing to pick up an RGH modded 360 with a cool runner chip with a flashed disc drive
and I don't know what this is capable of, I've never owned a hard modded console and I don't know what I should or should not do. I don't have to time to search the forums yet but could someone either link me to a guide explaining do's and don't, or just give them to me here?
any help is appreciated.

this guy is selling it to me and he will be giving me the backup NANDS, firmwares, and keys, so I know I'm not going to be screwed if I mess up. he is selling a modded ps3 and also a 360 elite but I'm not interested in those. ( i will of course be testing it, you have 2 hours to explain why I should not get this or tell me the basics)

D

Deleted User

You should get it. Basically, if you use RGH you can run freestyle dash which allows you to easily run homebrew and backups. I don't have much time to explain either, but if you use an external HDD, it should be formatted in FAT32. A tip, when you look for tutorials, RGH is the same as JTAG. RGH is like running jtag through a chip mod.

Reactions: blinkzane

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should get it. Basically, if you use RGH you can run freestyle dash which allows you to easily run homebrew and backups. I don't have much time to explain either, but if you use an external HDD, it should be formatted in FAT32. A tip, when you look for tutorials, RGH is the same as JTAG. RGH is like running jtag through a chip mod.

shweet, thanks. will this be able to play online(not a neccesity, just need to know)
the guy is selling it to me with a 1tb hard drive with 140 games on it and has 217 live games installed onto the internal

D

Deleted User

I don't use the online features. I know that you might be banned, but you can unban yourself through rgh. There's a jtag/rgh online plugin called LINKUP.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will be banned within hours. The dashboard is modified and unsigned. Microsoft can detect this and the result is a ban. However, you can download all the DLC, and run homebrew and emulators as well. It's pretty costly to unban and again it will gt banned within hours. wash rinse repeat. you can get XBLS (or some other variation) which supposedly keep your KV (the key vault) safe. In order to unban you need to buy another KV and learn to inject it into your NAND.

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will be banned within hours. The dashboard is modified and unsigned. Microsoft can detect this and the result is a ban. However, you can download all the DLC, and run homebrew and emulators as well. It's pretty costly to unban and again it will gt banned within hours. wash rinse repeat. you can get XBLS (or some other variation) which supposedly keep your KV (the key vault) safe. In order to unban you need to buy another KV and learn to inject it into your NAND.

sounds like I wont be going online for awhile, hah. not like the ban thing matters,
I was just looking into XBLS's, it's interesting but not something I will be getting into anytime soon.
anyways thanks for the responses, you guys have answered my big worry questions, looks like I'll be getting a modded 360!

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
DinohScene

He knows pretty much everything about 360 hacking. But in any case, online is a negative for most unless you know exactly what you are doing (and still you have to be careful). Offline is good for most and more (better xbox compatibility to name a few).

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'd highly recommend keeping it offline.
Put FSD on it and play games on it.

There's LiNK which is a systemlink only replacement for XBL, so you can go online.

XBLS isn't worth it.
Risk of getting scammed is incredibly high and it's just not worth it.
(seeing XBL costs 40 a year and that service costs 40 a day)

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah for now I'm staying offline. thanks guys! i will be in here from time to time, there's a few things I still don't understand that I'm not too worried about at the moment.

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay so now I'm stuck, I have an ISO ready but I dont know how to install. I noticed that the files are broken down on the EXT hard drive and I want to know how to do that. could I just upload the ISO to the EXT driver or how would I go about extracting the ISO files?

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After you extract games, make a folder on your external drive called games and put each game in it's own subfolder in there (named whatever you want but I suggest using the name of the game). Some say not to use spaces in the subfolder names but I've never had problems with that.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your looking to only play 360 games just get a flashed console. If you want homebrew,game managers, themes private server play get an RGH

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE