buying a psp in hongkong

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by PAO, Feb 25, 2007.

Feb 25, 2007

buying a psp in hongkong by PAO at 3:29 PM (978 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. PAO
    OP

Newcomer PAO Member

im thinking of buying a psp in hongkong.is it worth it?do they sell v1.5's for less than $290 or if they sell the ones with the latest firmware, r they downgradable to v1.5 no matter what motherboard it comes with? please help [​IMG]

and how much are original 2gig and 4gig memory sticks there?

thanks [​IMG]

2. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    they would sell psps with the latest version. just because its from hong kong does not mean sony don t update it [​IMG] latest firmware versions show up there first then go to america and then europe.

3. PAO
    OP

Newcomer PAO Member

how abt the price?i never realy checked wen i was there before.and can i downgrade the latest firmware to v1.5 or custom firmware regradless of the motherboard?

4. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    I recently went to Hong Kong and a LOT of stores advertise downgrading. I suppose if you go to an electrical store in a fancy shopping mall, you'll probably end up with the latest firmware but if you shop around in the other game stores, they all advertise 1.5 and some even has the 3.1 OEA.

5. AshuraZro

Member AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Canada
    You can downgrade ANY PSP as long as it's firmware is 3.03 or lower. This is done with an old copy of GTA however. The ones with the 2.0 update on them. Newer copies will not work.

If you have the option of getting a pre-downgraded handheld, go for it.

6. xalphax

Member xalphax Internet killed the Ponystar.

Croatia
    find a genuine ms pro duo in hongkong is a difficult task.
    and if you find a legit one it often costs the same as if you buy it in your own country.