Buying a PS4 in a few days , I have a few questions.

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Exavold, Jun 22, 2016.

?

Do you think the PS4 hacking/homebrew scene will "grow" ?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    39.5%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    26.3%
  3. Not sure at all.

13 vote(s)
    34.2%
  1. Exavold
    OP

Exavold GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 9, 2015
    France
    So i'm getting a Glacier White PS4 w/Destiny (Or a BO3 bundle) in a few days and I had quite a few questions about the homebrew/hacking scene.

(Added/Adding answers to OP)

Can't you access Debug Menu on 3.50 ? and more importantly , is 1.76 the best firmware for hax ?

Can we play games online and update games on a low firmware (1.76 or 3.50) ?

Do YOU think the PS4 scene will grow ? (Poll !)

Last edited by Exavold, Jun 22, 2016
  2. nxwing

nxwing GBAtemp Addict

Jul 22, 2013
    Philippines
    The Capital
    I'd just wait for a 3.50 exploit because pending a few hundred bucks more on a PS4 with a lower exploitbale firmware is kinda useless considering that there's not much you can do with it.

It only causes the browser to crash, IIRC. Someone needs to exploit it first.

I'm pretty sure you can't. 1.76 is the best at the time being.

Nope. You can only play games online if you have the latest version.

Just like every scene, it has lots of potential. The only thing that needs to be done is to bring out that potential.

Exavold and gameboy like this.
  3. gameboy

gameboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    either that or they waiting to see if the NEO will be vulnerable to the same exploits. i would wait until then

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

you can always go the pc route if you want to easily pirate games if thats what your doing.

the amd rx480 is comin out on june 28 and i vr ready for $229, using the rest of the leftover money for the other pc parts

4. Exavold
    OP

Nov 9, 2015
    France
    Yeah ... I guess you're right , i'm gonna buy a BO3 bundle and then maybe a 1.76 one if something interesting pops up , thanks for the answers.

5. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    If you have the money buy a 1.76 or below if you want a sure thing.

Exavold likes this.
  6. gameboy

gameboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    If he has the money then he should buy a PC, there really arent too many great ps4 exclusives: infamous, uncharted, horizon, the order. But all the others games can be run at much better resolutions and framerate with old pc stuff from 2012... The new revolutions in graphics cards lets you game at much better visuals for about the same price. And you can alway hook an xbox or ps4 controller to use with a pc. My mistake was not realizing that until years after i bought a ps4

7. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Well even if you could get to the dev menu with 3.50, Sony pushed 3.55 yesterday.

Exavold likes this.
  8. Exavold
    OP

Nov 9, 2015
    France
    (nevermind)
    Please delete this post ?

9. replicashooter

replicashooter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 16, 2006
    So let me get this straight, even though there are hacks on low firmware PS4s theres nothing you can actually do with them as noone has developed anything?