Hacking Buying a Nintendo DS with a WEIRD flashcart

soulo.kun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys, Im new in this forums and i have a question.! Ive decided to buy a NDS Lite with a flashcart for only 90 USD (4000php to be exact)

the package includes the console and an R4....

How can i assess if the Console is not broken or altered in any way, their shop is selling it at approximately 90 USD...

Is it worth buying the DS Lite??.. and Oh Here are the pictures of the flashcart included in the package...

R4%20King%20LL%20for%20DS,%20DSl,%20DSi%20and%20DSi%20XL.jpg

and

R4%20DSI%20LL%20Revolution%20for%20DS,%20DSL,%20DSi%20and%20DSi%20XL%20update.jpg

Should i stay away from this DS sellers?

EDIT: Here's another flashcart clone....

GEi_b3.jpg

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Get a DSLite with an SCDS2, a Acekard 2.1/2i or an R4i Gold or R4iDSN. The original R4 doesn't have SDHC support, but if you don't mind, then get the Original R4.

soulo.kun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Man.... but the flashcarts included in the package can be used just for a few days while I'm looking for an Acekard, or R4?...

I Was hoping to play the latest games with it such as the kingdom hearts, and pokemon...

But was the DS Worth buying for Just 90 USD???... or should i settle for a brand new one?

dreamseller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
buy the ds lite and then sell the cards to some kids for about $20
ive seen on ebay they go for a pretty high price

EvangelionEX

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
soulo.kun said:
Man.... but the flashcarts included in the package can be used just for a few days while I'm looking for an Acekard, or R4?...

I Was hoping to play the latest games with it such as the kingdom hearts, and pokemon...

But was the DS Worth buying for Just 90 USD???... or should i settle for a new one.

Well, I would prefer to settle for a new one. Like DSi, DSi XL. DS/DS Lite is fine too. And I have NEVER heard of R4 King before ._. Is that a clone of a R4 clone. It looks suspicious to me -.-

Save up a little bit and buy and DS consoles with SCDS2/Acekard. These flashcarts are good . Nifty extra functions but if you just want to play games , R4 should be fine.

soulo.kun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Apparently this "R4 King" that were talking about is the most frequently seen flashcart here in the philippines(My Area)...

Comparison question

A DS Lite Selled by official Sellers here in the Philippines would cost around 120 U.S Dollars... (Which i think is around 6000-7000 php)
and
A DS Lite BEING sold to me by a Local seller here is trying to sell me the DS Lite + the R4 Crap Clone king for just 90 U.S Dollars. (Which i think is around 4000 Php)...

Ain't that a bit odd?... Although I've searched the net for spotting fake DS and i Kinda Got an Idea on how a fake looks like..
Do you guys think I should go for it???.. my friends told me that I should get the seller to install an app called "DSdiagnose", but with a crappy flashcart like that... I don't think it would work...

P.S: I'm new to the NDS Gaming industry so... I have no Idea on where to put the App even if i Personally Downloaded it.. xD

dan80315

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS Lite is pretty awesome, you don't have to worry about being blocked out every firmware update. Only downside I can think of is how the shoulder buttons seem to stop working at some point during it's lifetime.. :/

EvangelionEX

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
dan80315 said:
DS Lite is pretty awesome, you don't have to worry about being blocked out every firmware update. Only downside I can think of is how the shoulder buttons seem to stop working at some point during it's lifetime.. :/

The L BUTTON FOR INSTANCE. Try not to worry to much about the R button, because most of the time, L hates you most.

soulo.kun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
L Buttons Is always used?.... What games do you think uses the L Button the most? (For avoidance..) hahaha...

That's why i prefer the psp over the D.S in reliabilty and 3D games... but in terms of over-all gaming.. the D.S Pawns the PSP... that's why I'm getting a D.S and hoping its not a damaged or hong-kong made ones... (*Censored* you fake D.S Sellers!)

soulo.kun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cool Nice vid... But why is the packaging box different?... Anyways.. after i buy the D.S i'm going to use the crap R4 included for sometime until I buy an original r4 or maybe an Acekard... xD

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're feeling hesitant, ask the seller for a video of the console in action.

If he refuses, don't buy.

soulo.kun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah... I know, but do I have a choice? Flashcarts available here sucks.... But if i remember correctly there are shops selling a Galaxy Eagle Eye here for just approximately 6 U.S Dollars.

Pics..

GEi_b3.jpg

But I think this clone sucks too with no updates..! xD

EvangelionEX

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Evo.lve said:
Then... welcome to the magical world of online ordering.

Get an Acekard 2i (~USD15) or a SuperCard DS2 (~USD35).

Buy either Acekard 2i or Supercard DS2. Don't buy those toys like R4 King or Galaxy Eagle blah blah blah =.=

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Evo.lve said:
LOOOL THE R4 KING SAYS IT SUPPORTS DSI 1.5

No seriously both the carts are pieces of shit.
The other one, the green R4iLL, is the one I have. It's a TTDS clone so it runs most new games, but they take a full minute to load. You literally have to put the DS down and do something else until you hear title screen music. Ridiculous. Stay away from this card like Evo says. I would throw it away if it didn't run homebrew well.
hate2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1