Buying a new Acekard 2i. A couple of questions...

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Twilight Prince, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Twilight Prince
    OP

Newcomer Twilight Prince Member

United Kingdom
    Hey I am buying an Ak2i from Shoptemp and see they offer a flashing service to patch the flashcart for you so it can be played immediately on DSi consoles of firmware 1.4 and above. I'm assuming its best to get this service as my DSi is of firmware 1.4 or above (I think lol) and I wouldn't be able to do it for the new DSi? I also wanted to know what the expected delivery time is for it as I am purchasing this as a birthday present for someone. Thanks for the help it is greatly appreciated [​IMG]

2. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Yes you should get preflashed. Most people don't realize this and they get an unflashed Acekard with only a DSi 1.4 console and they're stuck with nothing to do.

ShopTemp shipping times are about 2 - 6 weeks but most people get it in 2 - 3 weeks. I wouldn't take my word for that so just wait for someone else with a better response to that question.

EDIT: Check out the poll result here on how long it might take you to get your package.

3. Twilight Prince
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks a bunch Hakoda your post is extremely helpful [​IMG] ALso is that the Earth Nation symbol because Hakoda sounds very familiar to me too [​IMG]

Ok never mind I'm thick not to have seen the 'Earth Kingdom FTW' under the image LOL

4. Twilight Prince
    OP

United Kingdom
    Oh one more question, its the flashcart that needs flashing not the memory card. So you can use any memory card and they don't each individually have to be flashed as its the flashcart the is flashed right?

5. Twilight Prince
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thank You PharaohsVizier [​IMG]

6. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Well I changed my name to Hakoda cuz it sounded it cool and I stole it from the Avatar: The Last Airbender series until I realized I was Earth Kingdom all the way so I had add an icon and statement. [​IMG]