Hacking Buying a N3DS next week, which flashcard should I buy?

Which one is the best?

• Sky3ds+

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Gateway

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

LeWildBaguette

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello!
I'll buy a N3DS ( my first DS actually ) next week and I don't know which flashcard I should take. I spent a few hours looking for which one is the best, and now I'm hesitating between sky3ds+ and a gateway.
I'm interested into the cheats provided by Gateway, and at first I thought this flashcard was outdated but then I saw that we can downgrade the DS's firmware to make it compatible again.

SO, which one would you recommend ?

PS : I never touched any kind of DS before ( I only played a few games on No$GBA ), so please be gentle senpais :c

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nowadays you can do everything a flashcart can, plus more, with a CFW. I'm sure you've heard this time and time again, but a CFW is the way to go (plus they're free).

EDIT: And there's no need to downgrade to 4.5, the 4.X master race died long ago. The master race title now belongs to A9LH + Luma3DS.

Last edited by Logan Pockrus,

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screenshot_20160803-114118.png

"Gateway 3ds vs Sky3ds+"
Did you even bother to look, OP?

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, third choice is: NONE

A9LH. You'll be fine. Only reason to get GW is for redcart which you then have to launch from A9LH startup so it will work.

Instead, buy a 128GB SD/mSD. Setup A9LH on 32GB, then backup 32GB to PC and copy it to your 128GB and enjoy...

That or get an N2Elite and have all the Amiibo...

Just don't update the N3DS. If it's on 10.7 (which it probably isn't) you'll be okay.

Reactions: GalladeGuy

LeWildBaguette

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah sorry, I saw that post and I forgot to add something in my own post : Will my n3ds be above 10.7 or not, since it's brand new ?

OK thanks for the answers, I'll look into that A9LH thing

KungFuJoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In order to play them smoothly, yes. But the OP was looking into 3ds flashcarts.

Gotcha...just I had a few friends who I helped a9lhax their 3ds and then they came back and asked how to play DS games and I had to tell them that they actually needed a flash cart for that part since DS mode locks out the sd card. Just wanted to make sure op was aware of that.

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah sorry, I saw that post and I forgot to add something in my own post : Will my n3ds be above 10.7 or not, since it's brand new ?

OK thanks for the answers, I'll look into that A9LH thing
Remember to get A9LH through Plailect's guide, (Google it) NOT GATEWAY!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wait wat ? So for 3DS games I won't need a flashcart but for DS games I will still need one ?
If you want to play DS games you will need a DS flashcard. I recommend getting the DSTT from nds-card.com. About $8.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)