Hacking Buying a jailbreaking device in Germany?

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I recently ordered to PS3Break Atmel versions and they were stopped by customs. It seems it's now illegal to import these devices into Europe.

Does anyone happen to know a shop from Germany that sells jailbreaking devices?

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uk customs are letting them through fine. If it ends up customs stopping it everywhere I think they will just end up not slapping "ps3break" all over the dongle.

Another hope for you is there is dongles coming out without illegal code on them and then once you receive it you just use a hex file to make it work.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sony won a case to block selling, importing, and exporting ps3 jailbreaks in europe
its illegal now

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Joe88 said:
sony won a case to block selling, importing, and exporting ps3 jailbreaks in europe
its illegal now
I know. That's why I'm looking for a shop in Germany that already has them in stock. Anyone?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I can't give you a shop, but i recommned you to buy one of those universal purpose programmable boards and then flash it with whatever firmware you need. Oh and maybe look at the available memory on the unit itself, Marcan's Linux port for ps3 requires more than most have. (i forgot how much it was, i think it's 64KB memory)

Those programmable boards can be used for jailbreak, but that's not what there were designed for, so they are legal. They were there before ps3 jailbreaks!

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
WiiPower said:
I can't give you a shop, but i recommned you to buy one of those universal purpose programmable boards and then flash it with whatever firmware you need. Oh and maybe look at the available memory on the unit itself, Marcan's Linux port for ps3 requires more than most have. (i forgot how much it was, i think it's 64KB memory)

Those programmable boards can be used for jailbreak, but that's not what there were designed for, so they are legal. They were there before ps3 jailbreaks!
That's actually a good idea. Do you happen to know that actually have them in stock in Germany? On the shops I found they are not in stock.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's always private mail, and a friend that lives in say the US who buys it for you and sends as private mail eh.

If it's actually worth anything to the person, the additional cost of having a friend having it mailed to him and then on to you shouldn't be the end of the world.
If you are smart, he mails it in a box with a no account insignificant trinket item and just says it's gifts.

elmoreas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have been saying this from the begining for anyone, especially those in a special situation get a TI-84+ Calculator. Used Ebay $40USD w/free shipping world wide

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Guess what, my package finally got past the customs. The problem was not the devices, but the price the seller printed on the invoice. It was 6$
rolleyes.gif

However, they charge 50% custom fee. Is this normal? I though it would be between 10 and 20%.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SpaceJump said:
Guess what, my package finally got past the customs. The problem was not the devices, but the price the seller printed on the invoice. It was 6$
rolleyes.gif

However, they charge 50% custom fee. Is this normal? I though it would be between 10 and 20%.

I thought you need to pay the "Märchensteuer" on something like that, which would be 19%. If it's some multi media whatever stuff there could be more on it, but i thought it's some professional device. One of these taxes is the reason why mobile phones(in germany) can only take videos with 30 min(?) length, with longer videos the device would be in another category.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi: pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise