FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The original/GBA sized EZ4 took miniSD.
The other three (all various types of DS lite size) models took microSD.

Realhotstuff seem to have messed up their specs list though -- the GBA sized EZ4 only has 256Mbit of NOR and 128MBit of PSRAM. The specs list there is for the EZ4 lite deluxe.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
I know that much, I was under the impression the EZ Flash IV took microSD cards and not miniSD.

Unless your EZ-Flash IV is of the lite version which did take the microSD like in the picture below.

ez4l-00001_zps04e675c0.jpg

epicelite

Equal opportunity ass kicker.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My order has SHIPPED!

NOTE: I orderd both from the US and HK RealHotStuff websites to double my chances of getting one. So what I'm saying is, if you want one order from the HK site.

rs1n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its certainly not perfect, but does run all games at full speed. Supercards are pretty much the only GBA cart that cant run games full speed.

I just wanted to add that "at full speed" is true for an actual Gameboy Advance. I often play on my DS Lite, and have noticed that there are lots of slowdowns in Street Fighter 2 Turbo (Revival) -- mainly as Akuma while shooting his double-air-fireballs. Then again, it could be my ROM.

onyxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just thought I would share my Ebluar experience I ordered a GBA Flash Cart back in mid April and I should have just contested the order through Paypal before the 45 day window closed. I waited because Ebluar stayed in contact with me and said they would refund when asked. Here we are today and I asked multiple times for a refund. They told be to "wait 5 business days", 2 weeks go by I ask again the come back with "it should be there soon" and that was a week ago.

NEVER ORDER FROM EBLUAR.

bitbite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I still have my order open with Ebluar from April.
They've stayed in good contact, and keep trying to offer me a refund.

They did msg me the following out of the blue:

ebluar said:
Dear XXXXXXX,

Sorry to bother you, according to latest information,, we will restock this card in this week.

Have a nice day and hope my information can help!

Yours sincerely,
Alicia
ebluar CS team

When I followed up with a reply, they say they will be getting a large back-order shipment.

If they do ship anything out, I'll let you guys know if I receive a EZ-flash IV from them or not.

justinwebb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just thought I would share my Ebluar experience I ordered a GBA Flash Cart back in mid April and I should have just contested the order through Paypal before the 45 day window closed. I waited because Ebluar stayed in contact with me and said they would refund when asked. Here we are today and I asked multiple times for a refund. They told be to "wait 5 business days", 2 weeks go by I ask again the come back with "it should be there soon" and that was a week ago.

NEVER ORDER FROM EBLUAR.
Issue a chargeback with your financial institution, I work for mine so its quite easy lol I just message someone and get my money back right away :)

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to add that "at full speed" is true for an actual Gameboy Advance. I often play on my DS Lite, and have noticed that there are lots of slowdowns in Street Fighter 2 Turbo (Revival) -- mainly as Akuma while shooting his double-air-fireballs. Then again, it could be my ROM.
There is no reason why playing the cart in the GBA mode of the DS Lite should be any different than playing it on a "real" GBA -- it's all the same hardware. In theory the EZ-IV should be fast enough to handle any game at fullspeed no matter what. Is there a difference if you run it off the built-in RAM or if you manually store it to NOR flash first? Does the slowdown occur in the official cartridge as well?

Mine have arrived!
Awesome! Love to see people spreading the GBA love around!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)