Buying a flashing tool, need an advice

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Gagarin, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Gagarin
    OP

Gagarin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 11, 2007
    United States
    USA
    Ok, so my xboxes have Hitachi, LiteOn and BenQ drives. I never flashed my drives, usually my friend does it.
    What hardware I need to be able to flash them all? Is there any universal tool for all of them? What place is the best to get it from?
    I tried to connect DVD once to PC (power from xbox+sata cable) but i was unsuccessful.

2. Luckkill4u

Luckkill4u 4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jul 13, 2008
    Canada
    Insomnia
    Well since you need to flash all the drives I say the easiest way to do it is the X360 USB (http://www.dealextreme.com/p/x360-usb-pro-81372) Its kinda pricey for a flashing tool but its really easy to do. I was lucky to have my Desktop computers motherboard to have the nForce 240 chipset so i didnt need to buy a x360 usb or a a SATA PCI card with the via6421 chipset.

So really your choices are:
    - X360 usb
    - a PC with a supported nForce Chipset
    - a PCI sata card with a via6421 Chipset

There may be other ways but that is all of them for what I know.

3. Gagarin
    OP

Gagarin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 11, 2007
    United States
    USA
    Looks good. What about the power cable to dvd drive? I must use one from xbox with xbox power on?

4. dilav

dilav GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 22, 2006
    United States
    The power adapter from TX are called Xecuter Connectivity Kit.

I went the cheap way and got a via6421 chipset sata pci, homemade PMT and power. Works great, slims still need to be unlocked to flash which is time consuming.

Edit: Oh and you will also need the PMT probe for fat lite-on 7xxx/some 8xxx/9xxx drives