Hacking Buying a CycloDS in Taiwan.

LokusT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I'm basically looking for some information on where to buy a CycloDS within Taiwan. The basic gist is a friend of mine has just bought a DS on my recommendation and I suggested acquiring a CycloDS as a flash cart solution. I checked the official reseller page on the Cyclo site and the only outlet that is listed is Pianko.net. However, information on their site is a little sketchy to say the least. So sketchy in fact that they request that you email them regarding availability and pricing. At the time of writing, neither of us have actually done so. I'm wondering if anyone has bought from there or anywhere else and can recommend a good place to buy from.

Speaking on his behalf, it would be preferential if a shop in Taipei City has them so that he can just walk in and buy one but buying online from a store based in Taiwan is a possibility too.

Thanks in advance for any help received.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't buy a flash card from a street market as there's a high chance of it being fake and if it is then you'll have no chance to get a refund.
For buyers in Asia, the best online store is dealextreme.com, but their Cyclo stock is a bit shady right now due to recent pricing issues.

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
dealextreme is actually temporarily sold out of the CycloDS Evo because Team Cyclops delayed a shipment to them because dealextreme had it priced lower that they would like.

LokusT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As far as I'm aware, there's legality issues with importing to Taiwan but not entirely sure what that covers so preferably, it needs to be a place based in Taiwan to buy one from. I will get further information from my friend once he gets home anyway.

The Rube

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pianko does indeed have the Cyclo DS-they charge about $1350 for them (+$100 for the white one for some reason). for those unfamiliar with Taiwanese currency, that's about $40 US.

However, Pianko is in Taipei county (Xindian) and if your friend is in the city proper, he would be better off checking out the underground mall under Taipei Train Station. NOT the ZhongShan strip, but the Taipei Underground Street aka "Taibei Dixia Jie" Most every store only sells the R4, but one, "Software World" has the Cyclo, though some of the employees aren't aware of it. Insist that they have it, the boss knows where to dig it out (it's not popular here- no Chinese language option). They charge $1550, but when I quoted Pianko's price at them, they relented. I got a black cyclo, of the more recent vintage (no protruding chip and better sticker).

So- Taipei Dixia Jie, Software World (Ruanti Shijie)

good luck, cyclo ain't easy to get here.

-a.

Ravendas

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
The Rube, I live here too, and I just recently became interested in getting one of these. I just checked all of the stores in Taipei Dixia Jie, and none of them had any of them. The one store (actually two, they have two locations down there) said they sometimes have them, but recently sold out. I told them to order a few for me, and will check back this Thursday.

Thanks for the tip on where to get them.

darksx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
buy from www.topmodders.com
i've bought mine from there and got it shipped to singapore.
received it within a week!
excellent condition and great services. (:

Ravendas

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Just resurrecting this thread because the CycloDS arrived in Taiwan. I bought the two I requested from them, and they still had a few others, not sure how many.

If you are looking for a CycloDS here in Taiwan, definitely go to the ShiJie game store in Taipei Dixia Jie, aka the Taipei Underground Mall at Taipei Mainstation.

I checked every other store there, all the stores in Ximen Ding's WanNian building, and all the stores in GuangHua's new building, and no one else has any. And yes, I asked everyone in Chinese, most had never heard of it, few that did said they never order it due to it lacking Chinese.

zhuzhuchina

Trophies
Website
www.zhuzhuchina.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
seems in hong kong is out of stock too.
and team cyclop email don't work anymore, neither sale team answer... so hard to get as reseller this card
angry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs