Hardware Buying a backup switch out of paranoia

fortshifter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it ridiculous to buy a second switch out of the fear that I'll lose/break my current one?

I only use it for homebrew/emulators, but it's the perfect homebrew/emulator machine and it'll only get better. I came across an unpatched switch in the store, so is it irrational to pick it up, essentially keeping an extra switch on hand just in case my first one breaks? I have no desire to go online, so I don't care about bans, but I don't want to be without a fusee gelee-able switch in the future, and they're gettin' rarer and rarer...

Am I an idiot or am I an idiot who should get the second switch while I can?

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Out of fear to lose/break one? Yes, it is ridiculous.

As of now, hacking a Switch is safe, just make sure to get a NAND backup in case something happens.

If you want to play online, then maybe is worth, but you said you dont care about it.

I mean, if you can get a really cheap Switch on sale or something like that, go for it, but you have to do something really stupid to break your Switch with what we have now, so just dont be stupid, read before doing something and you would be fine.

Reactions: fortshifter

McWhiters9511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you dont care about online, probably not. i play online a ton so i did and i find it work it but usually this stuff is safe enough especially if you wait a few weeks after something comes out and gets updates before trying it. its what i do and ive never had major problems.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It’s not like it should loose a ton of value over the next couple of years so you would really just be out the opportunity and transaction costs. It may actually become more valuable by a small margin.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not ridiculous to get a second switch. I have multiples of each console cept the switch. If something happens i can use the backups till i fix the old one if it can be fixed.
Having extras is good

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.