Hacking Buying a Acekard need some help

Kahroo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so this friday I am planing on buying a Acekard. I have a DSLite, snd was wondering if they sell Acekard 2 (real ones) or should I just buy a AK2i? And what is a good site to buy from? I was thinking about buying from DealExtreme, but I am not sure. Any other site I should use that will sell REAL Acekards?

Thanks.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
dx has the worst customer service. i've been waiting over 5 months to get an $80 refund. just fyi.

the ak2i has been cloned so make sure you buy from someone legit who offers a good return policy.

as of december 09 the 2.1 which is shipping has problems with both the official and akaio firmwares. i would advise you against purchasing a 2.1 right now (and i'm really sad i had to say that, it is a better build than the 2i with less contact issues).

this isn't a good time for the acekard. =/

-another world

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Another World said:
dx has the worst customer service. i've been waiting over 5 months to get an $80 refund. just fyi.

the ak2i has been cloned so make sure you buy from someone legit who offers a good return policy.

as of december 09 the 2.1 which is shipping has problems with both the official and akaio firmwares. i would advise you against purchasing a 2.1 right now (and i'm really sad i had to say that, it is a better build than the 2i with less contact issues).

this isn't a good time for the acekard. =/

-another world
Hmm weird.
My experience with the DX customer support is pretty good actually, I was suprised when they helped me pretty instant after my request. And I got my money back after like 1 week..

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've brought mine from DealExtreme, FocalPrice and 7DayShop (UK Only) and while all are fine if I were a first buyer i'd now be inclined to go with 0shippingzone.

0SZ are a GBATemp recommended retailer on the GBAtemp homepage, they are also on AceKards reseller page. AW says that Acekard aren't supplying overseas retailers directly, so 0SZ could still be getting their stock direct from AceKard as they are in China/ HK. People on here claim that 0SZ manually update each cart to 2i, this means they must have tested each cart and will know if it's a clone or not. They are also meant to send you a photo of it packaged before shipping, so you could probably ask them to send you a photo before they package it.

Kahroo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
I've brought mine from DealExtreme, FocalPrice and 7DayShop (UK Only) and while all are fine if I were a first buyer i'd now be inclined to go with 0shippingzone.

0SZ are a GBATemp recommended retailer on the GBAtemp homepage, they are also on AceKards reseller page. AW says that Acekard aren't suppling direct internationally, so 0SZ could still be getting their stock direct from AceKard. People on here claim that 0SZ manually update each cart to 2i, this means they must have tested each cart and will know if it's a clone or not. They are also meant to send you a photo of it packaged before shipping, so you could probably ask them to send you a photo before they package it.

Kool, then I shal buy from their site. And will the AK2i work on the DSLite? Or since I have a DSLite I should get a 2.1? Does that support AKAIO 1.6?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kahroo said:
Kool, then I shal buy from their site. And will the AK2i work on the DSLite? Or since I have a DSLite I should get a 2.1? Does that support AKAIO 1.6?

Yeah, the AK2i will work on a DS Lite/ Phat and will run AKAIO 1.6 provided it isn't a clone. Avoid all AK2.1's until Acekard sort out the issue, and even then these bad cart could still be in the supply chain for a few months after it's sorted. Plus if you later decided to get a DSi/ XL, it will work with that too.

0ShippingZone have an account on here, so you could PM them and ask them to guarantee they won't ship you a clone.

Kahroo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
Kahroo said:

Yeah, the AK2i will work on a DS Lite/ Phat and will run AKAIO 1.6 provided it isn't a clone. Avoid all AK2.1's until Acekard sort out the issue, and even then these bad cart could still be in the supply chain for a few months it's sorted. Plus if you later decided to get a DSi/ XL, it will work with that too.

0ShippingZone have an account on here, so you could PM them and ask them to guarantee they won't ship you a clone.

Thank you so much tk_saturn.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gonna love it when the next update blocks them