Misc Buying a 3DS Acekard2i or R4 SDHC Gold?

ChaosHydrA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi ive decided to buy a 3DS as im going on holiday this 15th june, but buying it with 2-3 3DS games isnt enough for 5 weeks holiday for me and i live in a country where the only NDS games you can find in the shops are mostly for girls like Nintendogs and other kid/nickelodeon based games

Im not really sure which of these 2 cards i should buy though ive only got a psp slim as far as other handhelds go. And is there any risk of bricking a new 3DS by inserting these cards on a brand new 3DS or is it basically plug and play. I have some experience on the PSP slim field with custom firmware etc but new to the 3DS scene. What exactly is the best card for a starter for example?

Edit: is there a way to transfer this topic to the hacking&homebrew section? ive had 2 tabs from GBAtemp open so i forgot i was under the wrong section when creating the topic when i was reading around earlier

ChaosHydrA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the help it seems like from that list the Acekard2i is atleast equilevant and the Supercard seems the most superior so im prob going to buy one of those 2 as ive been reading that the R4 cards often can be fake

One last question how much of GB would you recommend to buy alongside these cards? Ive looked into the game sizes of DS games and the biggest ones seem to be around the 100-150mb which seems to make a 8gb more than suffiecient for most of the library. But is there other stuff on the 3DS i should be worried about space wise? like emulators for other consoles or tv series etc or even common update/firmware files?

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
not much space is requirded for ds games (un less your a grazy pkoemon fan and you have to have every single pokemon game.)
id say 4gb because 1 it is double the size of a 2 gb and 2. it is a class 4 so it is faster

ChaosHydrA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for all the help ive calculated the big DS games that need to be on the cart along with others in size and it looks like it will easily be near the 4gb count which means i will have to delete often if i want above 4 gb and considering the price of 8gbs are quite near at this point i think 8 gb seems like the way to go

xXMortalKombatXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Chaos, you could also search for homebrew, some of 'em are awesome...

and wow, people on this forum just keep flamming each other for piracy but why not now? :O

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Acekard 2i is very good and cheap,
it has akaio and does not use of the R4 name.

DSTwo is the best, but expensive,
I guess you already know what to do

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
However if your 3ds is updated as of now, i would roll with an r4 instead. Acekard continues to become slower with its updates to firmware, and alot of acekard clones continue to pour out

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I suggest going with the R4i Gold from GBAtemp's official sponsor nds-card.com.
I have used both the Acekard 2i and R4i Gold for quite some time now and can say the R4i Gold is a better card in my option.
It has Wood R4 which is always updating as well the R4i Gold team updates their firmware the fastest.
As well the R4i Gold doesn't suffer from the serious connection problem that the Acekard 2i has.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to play emulated GBA games, get the Supercard DSTWO. If you don't care about GBA games, get the R4i Gold 3DS or the Acekard 2i. The R4i Gold 3DS is likely the best option since it receives much more frequent updates than the Acekard 2i.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
DStwo
or
R4ids.cn's gold card

i would say if you want the 3DS latest updates and stuff

Acekard have yet to release there update and are always quite slow with releasing them
the other 2 had there updates really fast or already worked

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: