Hermessz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Hi, I got iXtreme 1.5, no support for 3rd wave games, and for the meantime, while no 'important' games are on 3rd wave (except Halo ODST, but theres time i guess), i have no intention in updating, and also I'm a "IAFRAIDTODESTROYMYXBOX" fobia.
Anyway, in 9.9.09 I wanna buy The Beatles : Rock band, which will probably be 100% 3rd wave. I have 2 options, either to buy for Xbox, and so I'll be able to download content (I can't at PS3), or either to PS3, but no download content.

To make a long story short, will a 3rd wave ORIGINAL game work on ix1.5?

Da Foxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You need to upgrade to 1.51 to play 3rd Wave games. Depending on your drive you can upgrade to 1.6 if its not Hitatchi. If you have Hitatchi it should only take few mins to upgrade it without a connection kit.

Hermessz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
But wait, you say I need to upgrade, ppl say I don't need.
All im talking now are about ORIGINAL GAMES ONLYYYYY, no COPIES, cuz im going to buy THE BEATLES ROCK BAND ANYWAY, SO JUST GIVE ME A STRAIGHT ANSWER.
Yes or No?

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boolbla said:
But wait, you say I need to upgrade, ppl say I don't need.
All im talking now are about ORIGINAL GAMES ONLYYYYY, no COPIES, cuz im going to buy THE BEATLES ROCK BAND ANYWAY, SO JUST GIVE ME A STRAIGHT ANSWER.
Yes or No?

YES

Da Mafia

Trophies
XP
Country
Boolbla said:
yes to "will a 3rd wave ORIGINAL game work on ix1.5?" or yes to "do I need to upgrade to 1.51?"?

When you use an original game the ixtreme features are disabled and your drive works as standard. So an original Wave 3 game will play fine.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Even though it works, I'd upgrade anyways. It takes less than 10 minutes, and it's really something you should stay on top of. Plus, the new dumping feature in 1.6 is really useful, and with the right setup you don't even need to open up your 360 to do it (I have a Blaster 360 installed, and I'm loving it). The choice is up to you, but I would still upgrade.

Hermessz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
as i said, im a bit of technofob (i have no problems in opening my PC, but opening my 360 is pretty scary for me)
And every guide I got was, how do I say it, I didn't understand what JungleFlasher is, what exactly I need to do, drive key, what else.
Any simple explenation on "how do u flash ur xbox360" would be appreciate.
Oh, and I'm still not sure if I have a BenQ or LiteOn, I need to check the wires. any help would be appriciate/

edit: I opened my panel now cuz it looks pretty easy. Anyway, I followed some instructions I saw to identify LiteOn, something about wires that if they are yellow its a LiteOn and if white its a BenQ.
I saw the wires, but they were pretty deep in, and I couldn't see the colour. It might been yellow, but how should I know. any way how to check the drive without opnening the whole box? and if no, should I stick a pencil or somethin in there to pull the wires a bit out?

Da Foxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Boolbla said:
as i said, im a bit of technofob (i have no problems in opening my PC, but opening my 360 is pretty scary for me)
And every guide I got was, how do I say it, I didn't understand what JungleFlasher is, what exactly I need to do, drive key, what else.
Any simple explenation on "how do u flash ur xbox360" would be appreciate.
Oh, and I'm still not sure if I have a BenQ or LiteOn, I need to check the wires. any help would be appriciate/

edit: I opened my panel now cuz it looks pretty easy. Anyway, I followed some instructions I saw to identify LiteOn, something about wires that if they are yellow its a LiteOn and if white its a BenQ.
I saw the wires, but they were pretty deep in, and I couldn't see the colour. It might been yellow, but how should I know. any way how to check the drive without opnening the whole box? and if no, should I stick a pencil or somethin in there to pull the wires a bit out?
There is nothing to worry about when you open up your Xbox. Open it up (find some YouTube videos) and look at the sticker on the drive. It should tell you what kind of drive you have. There is almost no chance of you breaking your Xbox if you open it up just to look at the drive and put it back together. Otherwise, I suggest you just stick to buying your games if you don't want to risk breaking your Xbox. Either way your warranty is already void since you have the older firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: