buyin a ouya for emulation if i already have a softmoded wii?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by matthi321, Jul 8, 2013.

1. matthi321
    OP

matthi321 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 14, 2013
    so are their anything that ouya can emulate (or run faster), which the wii cant? im thinking specifaly n64,ps1,nds,sega saturn,psp,dreamcast

2. dragonmaster

dragonmaster THE WALKER

Sep 9, 2005
    Greece
    well i got ouya as a gift ,what to bare on mind is how tiny the whole console is and what media capabilities it has .
    you dont get just emulators you get proper acess to an android game library ouya store and also you get a proper media center for your tv to stream and surf the net.
    thats all if you need any of those buy it if it is for emulators wait a bit they just started soon i believe we will see some decent emulators on it

3. Saturosias

Saturosias Sakura-sō Resident

Dec 27, 2010
    United States
  4. Count Duckula

Count Duckula .

Aug 17, 2008
    PS1 emulation on android is very good, the other platforms you listed are not.
    TBH if you have a decent android phone I'd just get a MHL HDMI cable and sync a PS3 pad.

The Ouya specific stuff seems average at best so you'd be sideloading most stuff. Unless they start to attract a lot more developers to distribute through their store and design around joypad input, it just seems inferior to an android phone or tablet that can be used for other things too.