M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands

To celebrate the birthday of World of Goo, the well-received DRM free indie game that was launched for PC and WiiWare last year, 2D Boy has made it possible to buy their game at any price.

After paying a minimum of $0,01 via PayPal or credit card, the game will be downloadable for Windows, Mac and Linux (in .deb, .rpm and .tar.gz format).

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You know buying the game for 1 cent wasn't their intention. It was to "buy the game at a price you find reasonable" because more then half the total player base pirated it.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gaisuto said:
You know buying the game for 1 cent wasn't their intention. It was to "buy the game at a price you find reasonable" because more then half the total player base pirated it.
Of course I do. But I think it's a really brave concept, because a lot of people will pay only 1 cent.

I know I didn't. 20 dollars was too much for a game that I didn't really like that much. I like the concept of a DRM free multiplatform game, but it didn't appeal to me. This has convinced me to buy it multiple times (I got it for a few of my friends as well) for low but profitable prices.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I still feel warm and fuzzy that I bought the WiiWare version. I didn't pay anything as I converted star points but I hope the folks at 2D Boy made a good profit off the title as they deserve it.

I do fancy having this for the PC when the Mrs is using the TV for crap but I cant access the site right now.

As for DSiWare they did say they weren't going to a while back but they have just announced a iPhone port so it could be possible perhaps.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/world-of...nced-for-iphone

jphriendly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great find! Picked up a copy for $5. I love the "pay what you want" price model. Yes, I could have paid less (or more), but, if it turns out well for them, maybe more companies will do this as well.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over