spaceman.spiff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi!

I am from South America and here it is very difficult to buy an USB Gecko.

Next week a friend travels to Paris and he is going to be there at least one week.
I would like to know if anyone knows where he can buy an USB Gecko there (or nearby).

Thanks in advance and forgive me for my English.

elmariachi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't think you can get stuff like that in a store, at least not in Amsterdam, so I suggest Paris is not very different ...

why don't you try ordering thru the web ?

I got mine here:

http://www.chollogame.es/epages/61488288.s...bjectID=1920935
it's even in spanish
laugh.gif

works quite well and they ship worldwide
smile.gif

elmoreas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No offense to elmariachi but chollogame.es has a bad reputation over on wiird forums, they have been known to steal credit card info and use it for themselves. Please beware of them. The are also known to ship USB geckos "Extra Simple" and first gen, so they run on USB 1.0 You want to go to http://www.quantronics.com.au/products/nin...i-usbgecko.html and buy your USB Gecko from them.

I have bought 3 geckos, 1 from Console Source and 2 from quantronics. Both retailers shipped full kits but Console source sent a first gen USB 1.0 speed unit and quantronics sent full kit 2nd generation USB 2.0 speed Geckos so they dump faster and write quicker. Plus they are closer for you.

Anyways don't go with chollogame.es use quantronics, the price on the page is wrong BTW you don't pay $65 nor do you pay $59 with the conversion rates and what not for the AUS$ which is not worth much you end up paying $47 for the gecko and $14 for shipping. If I had not already given my spares as Xmas gifts to family I would sell you one of them.

I hope this reaches you in time. Again no offense is intended to elmariachi but I just wanted to warn you about them as they are often talked about badly on the USB Gecko/Wiird Forums. Hope this helps. Good luck to you.

Sincerely,
Elmoreas

P.S. Extra Simple means they ship just the UBS Gecko unit, no Special USB wire, and no driver cd, and no box or instructions, etc...

elmariachi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
elmoreas said:
No offense to elmariachi but chollogame.es has a bad reputation over on wiird forums, they have been known to steal credit card info and use it for themselves. Please beware of them. The are also known to ship USB geckos "Extra Simple" and first gen, so they run on USB 1.0 You want to go to http://www.quantronics.com.au/products/nin...i-usbgecko.html and buy your USB Gecko from them.

I have bought 3 geckos, 1 from Console Source and 2 from quantronics. Both retailers shipped full kits but Console source sent a first gen USB 1.0 speed unit and quantronics sent full kit 2nd generation USB 2.0 speed Geckos so they dump faster and write quicker. Plus they are closer for you.

Anyways don't go with chollogame.es use quantronics, the price on the page is wrong BTW you don't pay $65 nor do you pay $59 with the conversion rates and what not for the AUS$ which is not worth much you end up paying $47 for the gecko and $14 for shipping. If I had not already given my spares as Xmas gifts to family I would sell you one of them.

I hope this reaches you in time. Again no offense is intended to elmariachi but I just wanted to warn you about them as they are often talked about badly on the USB Gecko/Wiird Forums. Hope this helps. Good luck to you.

Sincerely,
Elmoreas

P.S. Extra Simple means they ship just the UBS Gecko unit, no Special USB wire, and no driver cd, and no box or instructions, etc...

I see and no problem to warn persons if there are bad things going on on webstores ...
I just suggested that site cause I got mine there and didn't have any problems, but maybe I was just lucky then
biggrin.gif

Cheers and no offense taken
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade...