buy/sell/trade

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by linkycat, Mar 12, 2006.

Mar 12, 2006

buy/sell/trade by linkycat at 6:41 AM (713 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. linkycat
    OP

Newcomer linkycat Member

United States
    I'm suprised to see there is no buy/sell/trade section on the forums! Seems to me gamers are the worst about always buying the next upgrade, and having a lot of good old equipment just sitting around... having a b/s/t forum would benefit new buyers as well as old pros looking to unload some classics...

just my opinion, i could be wrong.

2. phuzzz

Former Staff phuzzz Hooha!

United States
    Unfortunately, yes, you are wrong. We already discussed it, we decided not to do it.

3. speechless

Member speechless Friend Of GBATemp

United States
    The problem comes when either seller or buyer feel they got screwed by one another. Who mediates these problems? How do you know you can trust your seller/buyer, feedback vs flames...etc

.:Edit:. If your not selling pirated items (or pirate copiers,ie your gba/nds flashcarts) you can always reach far more people using the old stand-by eBAY.

4. Dirtie

Former Staff Dirtie :'D

New Zealand
    You could take a 'buyer's own risk' type approach. I think the main reason it isn't allowed here is just because of the legal trouble the site could get into.

5. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    If you are looking for a community of gamers who buy/sell/trade, check out something like GameTZ. I very highly recommend it.

GBAtemp will never put the resources into it's own mediation of buy/sell/trade functions, no-one here wants to undertake that sort of a responsibility, and there are plenty of other places that do it, and do it well.

6. linkycat
    OP

Newcomer linkycat Member

United States
    I think all of those sound like justified and well-thought answers! Oh ebay, my ebay... how I loathe thee but here I come again!