buy/sell/trade

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by linkycat, Mar 12, 2006.

1. linkycat
    OP

linkycat Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2006
    United States
    I'm suprised to see there is no buy/sell/trade section on the forums! Seems to me gamers are the worst about always buying the next upgrade, and having a lot of good old equipment just sitting around... having a b/s/t forum would benefit new buyers as well as old pros looking to unload some classics...

just my opinion, i could be wrong.

2. phuzzz

phuzzz Hooha!

Former Staff
    Nov 9, 2002
    United States
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Unfortunately, yes, you are wrong. We already discussed it, we decided not to do it.

3. speechless

speechless Friend Of GBATemp

Oct 26, 2002
    United States
    Emerald Triangle, California
    The problem comes when either seller or buyer feel they got screwed by one another. Who mediates these problems? How do you know you can trust your seller/buyer, feedback vs flames...etc

.:Edit:. If your not selling pirated items (or pirate copiers,ie your gba/nds flashcarts) you can always reach far more people using the old stand-by eBAY.

4. Dirtie

Dirtie :'D

Former Staff
    Sep 9, 2003
    New Zealand
    Zealer
    You could take a 'buyer's own risk' type approach. I think the main reason it isn't allowed here is just because of the legal trouble the site could get into.

5. Lily

Lily One Scary Lady

Former Staff
    Jun 18, 2004
    Canada
    British Columbia
    If you are looking for a community of gamers who buy/sell/trade, check out something like GameTZ. I very highly recommend it.

GBAtemp will never put the resources into it's own mediation of buy/sell/trade functions, no-one here wants to undertake that sort of a responsibility, and there are plenty of other places that do it, and do it well.

6. linkycat
    OP

linkycat Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2006
    United States
    I think all of those sound like justified and well-thought answers! Oh ebay, my ebay... how I loathe thee but here I come again!