BUY Red Steel 2!!!

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by bytor, Mar 16, 2010.

Mar 16, 2010

BUY Red Steel 2!!! by bytor at 11:29 PM (2,694 Views / 0 Likes) 24 replies

1. bytor
    OP

Member bytor GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I thought this was probably the best place to start this thread. I, like so many others, have managed to 'obtain by other means' the leaked ISO of Red Steel 2...and it is without any doubt in my mind the best game available (or soon to be available lol) for the Wii, including first party titles. This game needs to be bought.

The swing detection, the finishing moves, the special powers and the weapon upgrades work really well, particularly the finishing moves. The Bearded One said in an interview a while back that he wanted to create a sword fighting game that made the gamer feel like a badass, and he's certainly succeeded.

Graphically it's right up there with Super Mario Galaxy in that it doesn't look like a Wii game. The sound and the music are also top-notch.

This game deserves to be bought - pre-order it right now!!!

2. TheWon

Member TheWon GBAtemp Fan

United States
  3. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I was gonna buy it, but cash isn't exactly flowing. Although I do have $100 coming in sometime soon... Oh well, that's going towards a PS3 or something.

It's a great game and I'd even recommend buying it. Still, it's not even out for another week, the temptation to pirate it is too great for anyone, myself included. By the time it is released, odds are you'll have finished it and not really be interested in buying it.

But I do hope they pursue a Red Steel 3 with similar controls/setting/style.

4. WiiShizzza

Member WiiShizzza Graphics juggler

Germany
    You're absolutely right! That game is best in graphics and wiimote motion and everything!
    That's why I pre ordered it already.

But your topic is definitely in the wrong Section. Should be in the games section....

also I'm almost sure nintendo and ubisoft will hunt down GEHENNA like they did with Kongnutz for uploading NSMB...
    GEHENNA go and hide yourself...

5. TheWon

Member TheWon GBAtemp Fan

United States
    That my friend is why a good amount of Wii games die! Hell I'm a pirated too, but every game that deserves to be bought I by! Even after I played the hell out of it. I have videos to back my claim!

6. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    i say the graphics are great. it looks like madworld, but with more colors than just red and yellow. and the movies are also beautiful. gameplay isnt too great, though. it is very linear. as in - there is a very strict path that you walk through during the game. there is little room for the player to make decisions and alter the game. every time you play it, it will flow in the exact same order.

also is the conflict between the dual use of the wiimote. you point to the sides of the screen to turn left and right. you also have to swing the wiimote like a sword. so how the hell are you supposed to swing the wiimote like a sword while still pointing at the screen so you dont turn around while you're fighting?

7. Digital1980

Member Digital1980 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    nsmb and this are worth buying, great games!

8. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    ...Have you played the game? You don't move while fighting because the game locks on to baddies when you swap to sword. You can then move around with the nunchuck. As for linearity, less, it's slightly linear, but side missions have you going around the town doing stuff like destroying wanted posters or turning on satellite towers. It's not incredibly linear like most games, but it still isn't any Castlevania or Metroid in that respect. As for the "making decisions to alter the game" thing, name one first person shooter that does that? There's not a lot of games that allow you to alter the course of events. There's a few, like KOTOR and Mass Effect (I though Mass Effect could), but not many.

9. dirtclaw

Newcomer dirtclaw Member

United States
    Stylistically, the game reminds me a lot of Borderlands. Maybe that's why I like it...

10. giantpune

United States
    try walking around town and break open all the crap to get money. all the trash bags that are sitting on the ground, you have to point at the bottom of the screen and make yourself look at the ground to see them. then quickly try to swing the wiimote without looking up too high or else your swing will miss the damn thing.

11. WiiShizzza

Member WiiShizzza Graphics juggler

Germany
    maybe a bit off topic, but any chance to create a blood patch for the game ?
    I mean it is 18+ in germany. so why no blood...

12. giantpune

United States
    +1 for that. and also a cussing patch. with it looking as much like madworld as it does, i got in the mood to hear some gratuitous cussing.

13. TeenTin

Member TeenTin GBAtemp Maniac

Hong Kong
    When you approach the crap to certain distance, a yellow mark will appears just above the crap indicating that your view is locked so that you can swing your sword without disturbing the view.

14. Am0s

Member Am0s Mojo Risin

United Kingdom
    game developers who make games of this high in quality definatley need support.

15. bytor
    OP

Member bytor GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Was in the right section imo, it was where those that like to pirate games post. Bit of a daft decision to move it really.

16. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I'm buying it, had a lot of fun with the game and its one of those I'll go back to.

A lot of time has gone into this game and Ubisoft will want to see some good sales from that otherwise they'll keep giving us Lets Dance.

17. crook

Member crook GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    I see no need in pirating Wii games. they are so cheap. if you live in Europe just import them from the UK. They're like half the price there and once you finished them just sell them on ebay and you actually have more money than before.

18. Ralek

Newcomer Ralek Advanced Member

I liked the swordplay in Sports Resort a lot better personally. Nais game so far, but not really what I hoped for. Seems bigN is our last hope for a serious 1:1 sword fighting game, aside from techdemos with cute characters [​IMG] Really hope to see at least one game of this kind in the remaining lifetime of the wii, as short as it may be.

19. cacildo

Member cacildo Went and came back

Bahamas, The
    Its a pretty nice game and everybody should buy it

Except me. I live in a far away land, and if i try to buy this game ill probably have to pay at least 120 Us dollars for it.

That´s why i get Wii isos for free.

HEre´s a little free sample of my review of the game

Yeah, i know it sounds like i hated, but it got a high score.

20. terminal_illness

Member terminal_illness Dark Hadou Master

Canada
    yar har fiddle dee dee being a pirate is alright with me. do what you want, cuz a pirate is free. YOU ARE A PIRATE.

heh

red steel 2 kicks ass. i agree with you tho PUNE about the looking down and smashing plastic bags, and swinging wiimote while not locked on to something