Hacking Buy or download

windym

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I;ve just established that I cannot simply download a browser for my DSlite to work with my current M3 Simply. SO what are my cheapest options? Buy the package from a High Street retailer or buy whatever I need to make it work myself. I have the ROM but not the correct hardware.

TIA

windym

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ben_not_benny said:
You can use third party RAM expansion pack for your DS Lite and browser.

Is this something I need to buy or can download, sorry, but am not very technical. Where would I buy this?

Thanks.

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried the ones that work with just a slot-1 flashcard?
DSOrganize and DSHobro

DSHobro made by Costello.
smile.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also try Bunjalloo as well. Okiwi also works but really isn't worth trying for the most part.

hankchill said:
Not sure why you'd want to buy the browser for the DS, really. It's a waste of money and more of a novelty than anything useful. Plus horridly slow.
I bought it when I was in Europe (about 6 months before the US release) and I have never regretted it. It's slow, but I've found it useful for pages that the other DS browser simply can't handle. Plus it has one major advantage, in my case at least: it uses the Nintendo Wifi library, so it can connect to APs that have their SSID hidden. My school hid the SSID, but since I knew it I could connect with the Opera browser, which actually came in very handy at times.

diew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But not everyone can connect to the internet with their DS while walking around the streets. If you can, let me know =]

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Several restaurants and coffee shops have Wifi access, and again if your school offers wifi access it might be worth the money.

I'm not saying it's a perfect browser or anything, but it has its uses.

diew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
Several restaurants and coffee shops have Wifi access, and again if your school offers wifi access it might be worth the money.

How would you access their internet? I would find an access point but I don't know the WEP key and all those other information =/

PizzaPasta

Son of p1ngpong
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The cheapest expansion pak you can get is the Ewin Expansion Pak. You can get one here. you'll have to patch your ROM for it but the patch is in the GBAtemp downloads section. I have the browser on my SD card and I use it quite frequently.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
diew said:
DanTheManMS said:

How would you access their internet? I would find an access point but I don't know the WEP key and all those other information =/

I should have clarified: several restaurants and coffee shops such as McDonald's, Starbucks, Panera Bread, etc. offer free wifi access, meaning no WEP key or anything. Just start the DS, connect, and start browsing. They do it to bring in customers. I've also used it at a hotel before after they gave me the necessary connection info (theirs was still "free" but they wanted to make sure only hotel customers could access it so they had a special login page after you connected). Of course, you could also connect to these free networks with homebrew browsers as well, though the official Nintendo Wifi library would have a higher chance of connecting successfully.

My school was probably special - the SSID was hidden to keep students out but otherwise there was no WEP key, probably since they thought students wouldn't be able to find the network in the first place.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?