beloumi7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi
Do you guys know where to buy a new battery for the 3ds since the one I have seems dead, doesn't last for long time. Also, what's the average time a full charged battery can last after like 1 year of utilisation?

SmileCitrus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's funny, I was about to tell you that you can buy them from Nintendo directly from the online store, but it looks like they're not available. It's very strange because I clicked on "Adapters and batteries" in the online store and they even have a picture of a 3DS battery on the same page yet they don't appear to actually have them for sale.

There are some sellers on eBay who sell replacement batteries, but there's a tradeoff to be made. Either you can get a brand new third-party battery or you can buy a Nintendo battery that may be used. It's unlikely that any seller other than Nintendo would have brand new first-party batteries.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly though it's 2014 handheld console makers should make handhelds with interchangeable battery compartments by now, heck they could have even done so in 2011 when the 3DS was released.

It's no new technology leap to place the rechargeable battery compartment on the side or back of the 3DS with a sliding door or flap to close it once the battery has been inserted and then they could also make extra portable rechargeable battery packs that comes with caps so it cannot be damaged and chargers to make a bit more money on hardware.

The concept is really simple and the usage is like changing a game cartridge on a portable gaming console while having the option to bring up to as many extra battery packs as you can afford along with you on the go, no more worries of battery no lasting and the need for a wall charger to fill it up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: lol