Buy a Premodded Wii DVD Drive only?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by ekaj666, Mar 14, 2008.

1. ekaj666
    OP

ekaj666 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2007
    Hi, i think my Wii drive have stopped working and need a new one. I have a Japanese Wii i bought off ebay that already had a Wiikey installed and it worked perfectly. I recently went on holiday for a few weeks and i come back and it has stopped working. It has been untouched so im not sure what happened to it.

I can turn it on and the wii drive will accept a disk but when it tries to load up the wii makes some rapid beeping sounds that last for about 3 to 4 seconds. They are not scratching sounds from the disk in the drive but an actual beep like when you turn on a pc. The beeps then stop and the disk stops spinning. This is for a wii game. When i insert a gamecube game i get a different load of beeps and i get a black screen with an error message. I dont know what it says as its in Japanese.

So basically i think i need a new wii drive. Preferably a modded one as im not very experienced at soldering. It there anywhere where i can buy a premodded wii drive only? And if i get one can i just take the old wii drive out and connect the new one and it will work without having to do anything?

Thanks

2. helba

helba Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 24, 2007
    Canada
    send it to me to fix, www.phuongmods.com contact me there, it's most likely the wiikey was a clone and is dead. Please in the text make sure you state it's a japanese wii.

3. coolbho3000

coolbho3000 GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic

Apr 29, 2007
    Kikkoman Factory
    Looks like some wires came loose. Check the connections.

4. ekaj666
    OP

ekaj666 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2007
    Thanks for your replies. I did check the connections and they were all fine. I also took out the wiikey to see if it was dead but i still get the same beeps and stuff and wont read any disks.

To Hellba. I live in the UK. Dont know why my flag is american. So it mite be hard for me to send it to you. Do you think you can mod just a wii drive and send it to me? And how much would it cost with shipping?

5. ekaj666
    OP

ekaj666 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2007
    Can anyone help me?