keine

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I bought a PSP 2000 White used awhile back, but it felt exactly that, used. A tiny spec of dirt affixed itself to the LCD screen which will not remove with air. That's not the biggest problem, I can live with it, however, the D-PAD and buttons feel downright awful. I would characterize them as mushy. When pressed, tactile confirmation on whether I am actually pressing the button isn't that great. I replaced the front of the case with another, because the external screen was quite scratched. The controls are mushy compared to my DS Lite 3 years old, whose buttons still have quite a bit of click still in them.

Would you buy another PSP now? I guess all PSP's are now hackeable, previously not known to me, and why I bought the 2000 about .5 to 1 year ago.

Will the Vita be able to run PSP games? Emulate/run them in software them once it is hacked?

What would you do? I'd love to refurbish what I already have, but the only buttons and cases I've found are low quality crappy Chinese stuff.

Thoughts? I'm tempted to snatch up a PSP3000 for 130$ if I can still find one, most all retailers no longer carry them, and second hand prices are skyrocketing. Are retailers still carrying them?

Unlike the 3DS I will be waiting significantly on the Vita till its hacked. Buying the 3DS day one was a huge mistake. By the time good stuff happens for it, games/homebrew, a new lighter better unit will be out.
I find the PSP to be a vital system as it emulates two systems incredibly and better yet on the go, those being PSX and SNES. My super-card snes emulation doesn't do it for me.
Any thoughts on my dilemma would be much appreciated.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it really depends on you, if you still use your psp a lot than yes I think you should get it.
but if it's a once in a while thing than I don't really see the point.

Even though I already have a mint PSP3K, I still went and bought 2 PSP GO. One was for me and the other is connected to my son's TV, it's being used as a console.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
keine said:
I bought a PSP 2000 White used awhile back, but it felt exactly that, used. A tiny spec of dirt affixed itself to the LCD screen which will not remove with air. That's not the biggest problem, I can live with it, however, the D-PAD and buttons feel downright awful. I would characterize them as mushy. When pressed, tactile confirmation on whether I am actually pressing the button isn't that great. I replaced the front of the case with another, because the external screen was quite scratched. The controls are mushy compared to my DS Lite 3 years old, whose buttons still have quite a bit of click still in them.

Would you buy another PSP now? I guess all PSP's are now hackeable, previously not known to me, and why I bought the 2000 about .5 to 1 year ago.

Will the Vita be able to run PSP games? Emulate/run them in software them once it is hacked?

What would you do? I'd love to refurbish what I already have, but the only buttons and cases I've found are low quality crappy Chinese stuff.

Thoughts? I'm tempted to snatch up a PSP3000 for 130$ if I can still find one, most all retailers no longer carry them, and second hand prices are skyrocketing. Are retailers still carrying them?

Unlike the 3DS I will be waiting significantly on the Vita till its hacked. Buying the 3DS day one was a huge mistake. By the time good stuff happens for it, games/homebrew, a new lighter better unit will be out.
I find the PSP to be a vital system as it emulates two systems incredibly and better yet on the go, those being PSX and SNES. My super-card snes emulation doesn't do it for me.
Any thoughts on my dilemma would be much appreciated.

I would try to refurbish it. Definitely do a thorough search and if you can't find anything, ask it here. Check out Dealextreme for sure.

If the result isn't sufficient or you don't find anything good enough, go buy a PSP 3000.

Yes the PSV will be able to play PSP games. It's the same deal like the PSP can do with PSX games, so I hope/guess that when the PSV gets hacked we'll be able to download PSP games via Warez and we're able to play them.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
The PSV will be only able to play PSP titles available on PSN. There won't be a UMD reader, so I would suggest holding on to a PSP if you have any UMDs you are going to want to play. When the PSV gets hacked, it will likely have a PSP emulator with the giant step up in power that the PSV is over the PSP. When it gets hacked though is anybodies guess.

You'll have a hard time getting a new case that isn't a cheap Chinese case. That is all Dealextreme sells in terms of all of their replacement cases. While that is fine for some people, having to sand down parts and deal with the cheapy plastic that may not fit together right in the long run may be fine for some, but those looking for high quality should look elsewhere. I have yet to find a site that consistently sells good cases. If you can get your 2000 refurbished at all, I would go for it. If not, go for the 3000.

keine

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I might just do this. Vita is a long way off. I have a ton of PSX games I'd rather play portable. DS and Supercard emulated SNES not very well at all.

What is the probability that a new PSP3000 Core pack from Wal-Mart for 129$ be 6.39(temp)/6.20(perm) or below?

ars25

I like tacos and pie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
keine said:
I might just do this. Vita is a long way off. I have a ton of PSX games I'd rather play portable. DS and Supercard emulated SNES not very well at all.

What is the probability that a new PSP3000 Core pack from Wal-Mart for 129$ be 6.39(temp)/6.20(perm) or below?
the 300x will come with 6.35 as it will be a 9g it's better if you get a go and keep your psp 2000 for psx emulation

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
ars25 said:
keine said:

the 300x will come with 6.35 as it will be a 9g it's better if you get a go and keep your psp 2000 for psx emulation

It depends on the age of their stock too. There is no saying how new the stock of 3000 models they have is. Regardless, it will be hackable with popsloader support. Even 6.39 is perfectly fine for hacks. You lose absolutely nothing that you would have in the 6.35 or 6.20 CFW.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
keine said:

0%
I bought a PSP 3000 in January at wal-mart and it was a 6.30 9g! You should shop at a less-frequented store if you want a brand-new perm-hackable 3000. (Look for bundles)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: