Buy a JTAG?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by purechaos996, Aug 23, 2010.

Aug 23, 2010

Buy a JTAG? by purechaos996 at 4:27 AM (1,488 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. purechaos996
    OP

Member purechaos996 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I've been meaning to do my own JTAG however I can never come across a 360 that has an exploitable kernel still soo anyone know a place where I can either buy a jtagable xbox or buy one pre-done besides ebay (i find it sketchy) also I don't wanna have to spend as much as a new xbox either maybe like 100-150$ I dont care if its banned or not cus ill only use it offline anyway.

2. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    If you ask me, you're being a little cheap. I imagine you could get a previously RROD Xenon for that, but I don't see the point.

Look on craigslist, they are banned from eBay (once someone reports them).

You should be able to find a unopened console with the "tray open error" Falcon/ Jasper on eBay for not much, swap the drive over or go drive less and Jtag it yourself.

3. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Lots for sale on the xbox-scene forums. Although don't expect to get one for $100-150. You buy a pre-done one now and you pay a premium, especially if it's a jasper.

4. purechaos996
    OP

United States
    Cheap? How much do they normally go for? i would think 150$ is around a good price for an xbox that cant go online so like 80% of its features are useless...

Whats the difference between a falcon and a jasper or is it just the RROD fix on the motherboard?

5. Armadillo

United Kingdom
    Jasper 65nm cpu and gpu, falcon 65nm cpu and 80nm (I think) gpu. Basically jasper runs cooler so less chance of rrod.

As for how much they normally go for, well someone on xbox-scene is selling console only jtag'd falcons for $250 and the jaspers are $300.

Only ones I've ever really seen going for $150 or so are old xenons, normally rrod repairs.

6. purechaos996
    OP

United States
    Yeah...I probably have better luck finding an jtagable one somewhere for cheap then do it myself for a decent price. 250-300$ is way too much IMO. something that has been modified and cant even use most of its original features should be like half the price or less of a normal one IMO...or maybe im just cheap lol.

7. Armadillo

United Kingdom
    Limited amount of them, so price is high, they would probably not be much more than a normal box if the exploit hadn't been blocked.

As for can't use most of it's features, well the only thing you lose is online. You lose online, but you get to run games straight from hdd, no region lock, all the xbla and dlc you want, any homebrew that comes out. It's a fair trade off I think and if you really do want online, well the 30ms ping check is patched as well so you can use xlink.

8. hundshamer

Member hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Not to mention some games like Halo Reach get leaked and in this instance only playable on Jtag (yes I have it). Another thing is you can use the 30ms ping limit removal patch and play system link via xlink or leaf, so online play isn't completely lost.

9. mercluke

Member mercluke ‮҉

Australia
    loses a single feature and replaces them with several other, far better features
    they should cost double, not half [​IMG]

10. DEagleson

Member DEagleson Gamer Extraordinaire

Norway
    The ability to use unsigned code and the ability to play XBLA and DLC with a simple resign is buch better than online play. [​IMG]
    Also its so awesome to have all the games available from a hdd.

If you want online play (with chance of console ban) then i suggest you to go buy a DVD flashed Xbox 360.