Gaming Busted Triwing Screw That I Can't Unscrew Using The Triwing Screwd

need4speed

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi there I am having a problem unscrewing my wii which I have a busted triwing screw and Its lost It shaped when I try to unscrew It unsing the triwing screwdriver. Is there away still to unscrew etc? The screw Is at the front of the sd slot of the wii where you removed the plastic sticker tabs etc. I would love some help thanks.

lajd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i read somewhere (in mod ya' wii, i think) someone (brakken, iirc) made a tutorial opening a gamecube and said he used an ordinary plastic ballpen shell. heated the end and pushed it on the screw while the plastic was soft and hot. that way the plastic would conform to the shape of the screw's head, then proceeded to turn the screw. I tried it myself on an n64 and it worked.

i don't know how this could be applied to the wii's screw as it's quite a bit smaller, but it may give you an idea. hope you sort it out...

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you completely stripped a screw, one way to open it would be to drill out the screw. You can try dremeling the top off the screw then using pliers to remove the remaining part.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.