Hardware Busted sd slot.

Sahduk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I inserted an sd card which got stuck into my wii, then jammed. I had to use tweasers to take it out. After that I reinserted the sd card I was using before and it wouldnt be recognised in my wii.

How the hell do I repair it? I opened up my wii to take a further look at the problem and it looks fine. The pins are all in the right place I think.

Is there a guide or something for my problem? Or some were safe and trustworthy I can send my wii off too? MY warranty has expired, and I do have a softmodded wii.

I also forgot to mention that everytime I insert the sd card I get the message device cannot be used at the data transfer section.

m thinking of sending it to nintendo. But im not sure if that would be a good idea. Also how much would they charge to repair? Iv already opened up my wii, and I lost a few screws and my warranty has expired.

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Wow how do you jam an SD card? Are you like a neanderthal? And whats the deal with taking apart the Wii and losing the screws, that is really brilliant. Quite acting like a tard and abusing your Wii and it will last.

padooo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, listen to Xflak, this guy knows on what he is talking about.

Also don't feed the troll (Crass)

Sahduk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gabelvampir said:
Have you tried another SD card? Maybe your card broke when it jammed.

Yes Iv tried about 4. They all work fine on my laptop but wont work on my wii.

QUOTE(XFlak @ Nov 8 2010, 04:55 PM) you can send your Wii to [email protected] if you like. He's very good at what he does, if anyone can fix it, he can.

How much does he charge? And how trustworthy is this guy? Does he have a website or something?

Oh and my sd slot was damaged because I inserted an sd card from a friends wii into my wii, for some reason his sd card is slightly larger and wouldnt fit into my wii.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Sahduk said:
Oh and my sd slot was damaged because I inserted an sd card from a friends wii into my wii, for some reason his sd card is slightly larger and wouldnt fit into my wii.

SD cards should all be the same form factor, so you were probably trying to insert an entirely diffrent type of memory card. Once you realized it wouldn't fit, you just kept cramming it in there anyway? Why?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Sahduk said:
XFlak said:
you can send your Wii to [email protected] if you like. He's very good at what he does, if anyone can fix it, he can.
How much does he charge? And how trustworthy is this guy? Does he have a website or something?
Well, DeadlyFoez usually provides infectus brick repairs, not SD card slot repairs (but I am sure he is capable of fixing it... he even added an sd card activity light to his wii, which looks awesome). I think he charges $40 for his infectus services. So if I had to guess he would probably charge you around the same price, but the only way to know for sure is by emailing him.

Foez doesn't have a website, but he has taken apart and fixed over 100 wii's. I personally watched him take apart a Wii, including removing the nand chip using a hot air station, in under 5 minutes! I mean, seriously, just watching him work was an amazing experience for me (since I am a software kind of guy, watching his hardware skills in action was really incredible). Anyways, my point is, I trust Foez with my life (which says alot considering that 1 month ago I didn't even know what he looked like
biggrin.gif
), and he would never rip you off, and for what it's worth, I personally vouch for his skills. I'm sure if u go digging hard enough u will find others who have sent their Wii's to him, and all of them have been happy with his services.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night